How to Dye your Hair Purple? How to Remove Purple from Hair?
How to Dye your Hair Purple?
The key to a good dyeing experience is to be prepared. It shouldn’t end up ruining your favorite t-shirt or your towel because believe me – there are high chances of you doing it wrong and messing up everything. Follow below process to dye your hair purple without much of mess.
- The best recommended time to color your hair is 24 hours after you wash your hair. Make sure you brush your hair properly to not leave out any tangles.
- Dividing your hair in small sections always helps. Secure sections of your hair with clips and decide which section you want to start with.
- Put on an old torn T-shirt and Use your old towel before you start dyeing. Do not forget to put on gloves (usually come with the kit).
- Now that you’re ready to apply the dye. Carefully read through the instructions written on the Purple hair dye you bought, read few times to understand the sequence and process well before you start.
- Please note, every purple dye may have some variation in the process to apply it. Hence, please do spend few minutes to read and understand.
- Okay! All ready? If you read through the instructions, then carefully follow step by step process to go purple.
How long should you wait to wash your hair after coloring?
This is a common questions that comes to everyone’s mind after coloring the hair. Wait for about 48 – 72 hours before you wash your hair after coloring it.
However, please also check the instructions on your hair dye product that used and follow them. If you are in urgency and cant wait so long, then we advise you to contact a hairstylist to seek advise.
Top 3 Purple Hair Dyes available Online
How to dye dark hair purple without bleach?
The problem with purple hair dye is, it doesn’t really show on dark hair. Many people prefer bleaching to get more vibrancy, but at the same time, there are many who do not want to damage their hair by bleaching it.
So, what to do if your hair is dark and you want to color it purple? Semi-permanent purple hair dyes – what these dyes do is stay on top of the roots and their molecules do not enter the hair cuticles as they are very small.
They won’t make hair appear lighter, but will change the natural color of the hair accordingly. Another option is Katam hair dye or Clairol Color Crave Semi-permanent Hair Color which lightens the hair without any major damage to hair and then you can use a purple hair dye on top.
How to remove purple from hair without bleach?
Although bleaching is the best way to remove the dye, there are a few methods that you can try to remove the purple hair dye with minimal damage to the hair.
- Color reducers : They remove the artificial purple pigment from your hair without removing even touching your natural hair and that’s why it is a no damage option. They stink and have to be applied 3-4 times for the color to be removed completely.
- Color strippers : They are very similar to bleach and come in powder form. They do not stink, but do more damage to hair then color reducers. The damage is still very less compared to bleach, so it is a very good option.
- Bath salts : One of the best home remedies, these soluble salts – Epsom and Sodium Bicarbonate, easily remove the hair dye pigment from your hair. Do not forget to clean the spot of color after you finish taking a bath.
- Vitamin C method : This method is probably one of the best ones right now and also damage free! It works on semi-permanent dyes like magic. Grind few Vitamin C tablets and mix it with your shampoo. Leave it for an hour after applying and then wash. You will return to your NO hair dye state instantly.
How much does it cost to dye your hair purple?
The average cost to dye your hair in salons ranges from $60-$150, depending on the length and quality of the hair. The cost can further go up if you have dark hair as the cost of bleaching also adds up.
More expensive and high-rated salons can end up charging around $200-$300. You can save money if you just want to buy for experimenting or on a temporary basis.
DIY is very economical. You just need to buy the best purple hair dye online and you are good to go following the instructions. If you do it on your own, you may be able to get purpose hair color done at about $30 – $40.
Frequently asked Questions about getting Purple hair
1. How long does purple hair dye last?
A semi-permanent dye would generally last up to 4 weeks and would start to fade very fast post 4 weeks. A permanent hair dye can last up to 8-9 weeks and would rapidly fade after that.
2. How much does it cost to dye your hair purple at a salon?
It may cost around USD 60- USD 150 to get your hair purple at a Salon, but it also depends on the length and quality of the hair. They may further increase further if you have dark hair.
Premium and high-rated salons may even charge around USD 200 – USD 300 due to their brand name in the market.
3. How to get purple hair dye out fast?
For colors as dark as purple, color removers could take a few washes before they remove the color completely from the hair.
Bleaching would be a good option to remove it fast but could damage your hair. Home remedies like lemon juice extract and Vitamin C powder, if mixed with shampoo also work wonderfully towards removing the hair color completely from the hair.
4. How to make purple hair dye last longer?
Making purple hair dye last longer can prove to be challenging, but not impossible. Make sure you don’t wash your hair post 48 hours of coloring your hair so that it gets enough time to settle. Trimming your hair before coloring also helps.
Touch it up after 4 weeks can help keeps its vibrancy for longer. Use only color-protecting shampoo so that it doesn’t start fading early. Do not let your hair get dry and apply conditioners on a regular basis.
5. What happens if you mix red and purple hair dye?
When you mix these two awesome colors, you are going to get a pretty shade of burgundy. This particular hue is quite popular and is worn by a lot of celebrities even. Try out this unique shade of hair dye.
As the salons would cost a lot of money for dyeing your hair to burgundy, a good idea would be to do it at home by mixing Red and purple hair dye.