One of the best ways to express yourself is by changing your hair. Women all over the world are opting for BOLD colors to dye their hair. Are you thinking to do that too? That’s where the color PURPLE comes in the picture. The Royal hue.
The catch with Purple hair dye is you cannot buy it unless you know everything about it. For buying the right color and for your purple hair dye to stay forever vibrant, it’s important to know about your hair quality and washing techniques.
There is a list of things you need to keep in mind, before you start out with the purple hair dye. Everybody’s shade of purple is different. Choose your shade after considering your skin tone and original hair color. Decide if the change you want is going to be permanent or temporary.
Usually, when people experiment with purple, they try the temporary first so that it is easier to get it out later. Also, check if you need to bleach your hair first for the purple dye to be visible on your hair.
So now that you have decided to dye your hair purple-What Kind of Purple? Do you want to go full fledged Lavender? Or mauve streaks in the front? Or want violet locks? Here is a list of best reviewed options for you to consider from:
Table of Contents
- 1 In Hurry? Top 3 Best Purple Hair Dye Recommendations
- 2 Top 15 Best Purple Hair Dye Products [REVIEW]
- 2.1 1. BERINA Professional Permanent Hair Dye Color Cream Purple Violet
- 2.2 2. Lunar Tides Hair Dye – Nightshade Dark Purple Semi-Permanent Vegan Hair Color
- 2.3 3. Adore -Creative Image Semi-Permanent Hair Color #116 Purple Rage
- 2.4 4. Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Hair Color Creme, V2 Dark Intense Violet
- 2.5 5. Ion Lavender Semi Permanent Hair Color Lavender
- 2.6 6. Kiss Tintation Semi-Permanent Hair Color 5 Ounce, T341 Intense Purple
- 2.7 7. Splat natural semi permanent purple hair dye
- 2.8 8. Manic Panic Mystic Heather – Orchid Purple Hair Dye
- 2.9 9. Berina A6 Permanent Hair Dye Color Cream Purple Crazy Fashions Punk Style
- 2.10 10. L’Oreal Paris Hair Makeup Temporary 1-Day Hair Color for Brunettes, Purple 50
- 2.11 11. Bigen Vivid Shades Semi-permanent Hair Color, Royal Purple
- 2.12 12. Joico Intensity Semi-Permanent Hair Color, Amethyst Purple, 4 Ounce
- 2.13 13. Clairol Nice’n Easy Permanent Hair Color, 2V Plum Black, 1 Count
- 2.14 14. Iroiro Natural Premium Semi-Permanent Hair Color 20 Purple 8oz
- 2.15 15. Punky Violet Semi Permanent Conditioning Hair Color
- 3 Buyer Guide to Select the Best Purple Hair Dye
In Hurry? Top 3 Best Purple Hair Dye Recommendations
If you are in hurry, check below Top 3 Best Purple Hair Dye Recommendations for you to pick from.
Top 15 Best Purple Hair Dye Products [REVIEW]
1. BERINA Professional Permanent Hair Dye Color Cream Purple Violet
Berina’s purple hair dye contains a special component which gives your hair a glamorous and shiny look as desirable by most of people. They are perfect to use as a permanent purple hair dye for your hair and can last easily upto 9 weeks. The colorful radiant present in the dye are powerful enough to confer the dye in your hair for a long time. Use this dye if you are a first timer for best results.
- Special component to keep your hair healthy
- Damage free
- 9 weeks shelf life
- Active radiant make sure your color stays put.
2. Lunar Tides Hair Dye – Nightshade Dark Purple Semi-Permanent Vegan Hair Color
Purple hair dye brought by Lunar tides is a nice fit for people looking for a dye they want to keep for only a week, if used without a bleach. The color will last longer if used with bleach though, so this method is preferable. Get your roots tinted with purple with this product and never look back on fear of dyeing your hair.
- Use with a bleach for best results
- Semi-permanent dye
- Last for 4 weeks
- Allergy free
3. Adore -Creative Image Semi-Permanent Hair Color #116 Purple Rage
This semi-permanent Purple hair dye will give you a new look by infusing the color molecules into the hair cuticles and leaving the hair looking luxurious and full of vibrancy. This is quite a healthy option compared to other purple hair dyes as this one is ammonia free, so causes a lot less damage. Opt for this product as it has to offer a good blend of natural color ingredients along with silky and shiny hair.
- Gives a sensual feeling to the hair
- Free of Alcohol, peroxide and Ammonia
- The purple tinge is very dark
- Natural ingredients
- Natural color
4. Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Color Nourishing Hair Color Creme, V2 Dark Intense Violet
Get your dramatic transformation from your natural hair color to a bold purple with Granier’s Purple hair dye. It’s a new formula with anti-drip properties and enriched with the goodness of three oils – Avocado, olive oil and shea for saving your strands from going dry.
This is the only purple hair dye which starts nourishing the hair with grape extracts the moment you start coloring your hair. A good enough reason for you to choose this product as your ultimate dye!
- A complete kit for dyeing
- Richness of three oils
- Natural formula
- Suitable for dark hair color too
- No bleach required
5. Ion Lavender Semi Permanent Hair Color Lavender
This particular purple hair dye is a color of brilliance. Best to be used as a semi permanent dye, this product by ION gives your hair a lustrous and sexy look by giving a lavender hue to it. Customers recommend using this dye if you are not used to dyeing your hair so often as this one is a good one for first-timers.
- Long lasting if taken care
- Free of peroxide
- Gives extra shine to the hair
6. Kiss Tintation Semi-Permanent Hair Color 5 Ounce, T341 Intense Purple
Kiss tintation semi permanent purple hair dye not only gives your hair a vivid and eye-catching look but also deeply nourishes it with aloe Vera water. This purple hair dye doesn’t let you compromise your hair’s health as it has zero ammonia and zero sulfate content.
- Contains argan oil, olive oil, keratin and collagen
- Conditions and softens hair
- Made with natural ingredients like aloe vera water
7. Splat natural semi permanent purple hair dye
Splat natural semi permanent purple hair dye is amongst the most popular for naturally blonde and bleached hair. It improves your hair quality with its natural formula enriched with eco friendly ingredients like vitamin B5, quinoa proteins etc and gives your hair a natural shine.
This purple hair dye strengthens the hair follicles and contains special baobab extract which protects your hair from the UV damage.
- Easy to use and apply
- Lasts up to 30 washes
- Completely eco friendly content and packaging
8. Manic Panic Mystic Heather – Orchid Purple Hair Dye
The ready-to-use, no mix formula of Manic Panic Mystic Heather not only differentiates it from other products in the market but also gives it a upper hand amongst other purple hair dyes. This tested product is completely Vegan and is Ammonia free to give you a no damage experience.
- Semi permanent hair dye
- Colors are mixable and other tones are available
- Parabens free and gluten free
- No Ammonia
- Lasts for 6 weeks
9. Berina A6 Permanent Hair Dye Color Cream Purple Crazy Fashions Punk Style
Another great product by Berina, this one contains the special component too. A shade lighter, this one is long lasting and can even be applied without bleach! Bid Adieu to damaging purple hair dyes with Berina’s this product and you would never have to turn back.
- Special component to keep your hair healthy
- Damage free
- 8-9 weeks lasting
- Active radiants to make hair glossy
10. L’Oreal Paris Hair Makeup Temporary 1-Day Hair Color for Brunettes, Purple 50
Want to change your hair color as often as your makeup? You have come to the right product my friend. This purple hair dye stays exactly for one day and goes away after you wash your hair. Especially designed for blondes and brunettes, this even works wells with dark colors. It’s very safe to use as it is peroxide and ammonia free.
- Inter-mixable colors
- Temporary one day
- No bleach required
- No ammonia
11. Bigen Vivid Shades Semi-permanent Hair Color, Royal Purple
This 2 in 1 Purple hair dye does a twin job – Colors your hair purple and moisturizes your hair at the same time. There is No Ammonia, No peroxide and it is completely free of Parabens. One of the highly rated products, this one also ensure that there is no breakage of hair.
- Coconut oil and shea butter
- Anti-breakage formula
- No ammonia
- No peroxide
12. Joico Intensity Semi-Permanent Hair Color, Amethyst Purple, 4 Ounce
Joico is definitely for the love for the beauty and its multi-action formulas makes its unique. Containing Bio-advanced peptide, this one gives mega doses of glossiness to your hair. It won’t disappoint!
- Multi-action formula
- Love for beauty
- Different shades available
- No ammonia
- Bio-advanced peptide
- Tested on animals
13. Clairol Nice’n Easy Permanent Hair Color, 2V Plum Black, 1 Count
Get Salon like Dyeing experience with Clairol Nice and Easy Permanent Purple Hair dye in 3 simple steps. It has the capability of perfectly covering your greys and give a touch of lowlight to your hair. Lasting up to 8 weeks, this formula is all you need for a great coloring experience
- 3 tones and highlights
- Gentle scalp
- Natural look
- No drip solution
14. Iroiro Natural Premium Semi-Permanent Hair Color 20 Purple 8oz
Without any chemical products and bi-animal products, this purple hair dye is completely Vegan. Embossed with naturally occurring ingredients, this dye is a must buy for people looking for one solution for coloring their hair without any damage.
- No synthetic formulas
- No animal-bi products
- Damage free
- No natural ingredients
15. Punky Violet Semi Permanent Conditioning Hair Color
Drown into a world of Purple hair dye with Punky Violet semi permanent Hair color. They bring the best out of your Beautiful precious locks as they don’t have any harmful chemicals. With NO greasy texture, it even takes care of frizziness! This product is free from parabens, PPDs, and Ammonia ! Do carry out a patch test to see any signs of inflammation.
- Lasts up to 25 washes
- Lot of shades
- Free of ammonia
- No frizziness
- No oiliness
Buyer Guide to Select the Best Purple Hair Dye
Not all purple hair dyes come in wearing caps to save your hair and transform them. Some might be the very cause of damaging it, making your decision feel bad. Most hyped up products don’t live up their expectations.
You need to be utmost careful when buying a purple hair dye for yourself. There are quite a lot of shades available. Just look at the below mentioned points to buy the one that suits you one the most:
- Original hair color : Some dyes especially a lot of shades of purple might not suit dark base hair bases. These kinds of bases have to be bleached first. Light hair headed people can go ahead without bleaching.
- Choose your time period : Do you want the dye to stay longer? Or are you just looking for a change for a few days? Go with Permanent if you can take it for 8 weeks. Semi permanent lasts up to 4 weeks and temporary fades off after a few washes.
- Free of Ammonia : Ammonia is the sole reason behind your hair going all dry and brittle. Present in a lot of hair products- it damages hair cuticles and is responsible for hair thinning. Opt for an Ammonia free purple hair dye to get damage free coloring experience.
- What is your dye made up of? : Always look out for a hair dye which has moisturizing ingredient in it – like shea butter, Aloe Vera etc. Also, look for other ingredients that might end you up with itchy scalp or other kind of allergies.
- Budget : Just for the sake of experimenting, it is not advisable to spend a good amount of money. Look for a dye which is not expensive and try to try DIY with it. Although, quality shouldn’t be compromised.