What’s the new black in town? Blue black hair dye would be an excellent answer to this question. If there were a better shade than black, then it would probably be blue-black. Blue black hair dyes not only add dimension to the hair but bring out the hair color more vividly.
So if you feel that your dull black mane needs an exciting twist – go for blue-black. Blue black hair dye, as the name suggests, is a combination of black and blue color to give an intense overall look to the hair.
So clearly you can’t born having blue-black hair now, can you? So what do you do to get it? My first suggestion would be to surrender your hair to a hairstylist because they always know better.
But that doesn’t mean that you cannot DIY. If you think you can do a great job at dyeing your hair at home, this list of the best blue-black hair dyes is just for you. Read the editor’s pick to skip the list section, if you want to.
Table of Contents
- 1 Editor’s Pick : The best Blue Black Hair Dye
- 2 Top 12 Best Blue Black Hair Dyes [ Review ]
- 2.1 1. Adore Semi-Permanent Haircolor #130 Blue Black
- 2.2 2. Schwarzkopf Professional Igora Royal Permanent Hair Color
- 2.3 3. Satin Blue Black Hair Color – 1BB
- 2.4 4. Clairol Nice’n Easy Permanent Hair Color, 2BB Blue Black, 1 Count
- 2.5 5. Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Hair Color Crème; 22 Intense Blue Black
- 2.6 6. L’Oreal Paris Feria Multi-Faceted Shimmering Permanent Hair Color, 411 Downtown Denim
- 2.7 7. Ever Ego Colorego Permanent Haircolor – 1/10 Blue Black
- 2.8 8. L’Oreal Healthy Look Creme Gloss Hair Color, 2B Blue Black
- 2.9 9. Bigen Permanent Powder Hair Color 88 Blue Black 1 ea
- 2.10 10. Revlon Colorsilk Buttercream Hair Dye, Blue Black
- 2.11 11. Epielle Hair Color for Women – Blue Black
- 2.12 12. Nairobi Tru Colors Semi-Permanent Hair Color No.2 Indigo (Blue/Black) for Unisex
- 3 Buyer Guide to select the best blue black hair dye
Editor’s Pick : The best Blue Black Hair Dye
- NOURISHING HAIR COLOR: Discover the #1 Nourishing Color Creme. Nutrisse Color is formulated with color boost technology & a blend of triple fruit oils--avocado, olive & shea--to deliver permanent hair color, even to dark hair.
- PERMANENT HAIR DYE: Garnier Nutrisse hair color creme, with grape seed and avocado oil, comes in a complete hair dye kit and nourishes while it colors with a rich, non drip creme formula.
- GARNIER HAIR COLOR: For nourishing, easy-to-use permanent hair dye, temporary hair color, root touch up, or to enhance your natural hair color, turn to Garnier hair color.
- OVER 100 YEARS OF PIONEERING IN HAIR CARE: Since 1904 Garnier has blended naturally inspired & derived ingredients into breakthrough formulas. Nourish your hair with hair color & hair care from Garnier.
- GARNIER IS INCOMPARABLE: Try Express Retouch Gray Hair Concealer for a temporary hair color solution to cover gray hair in between uses of your favorite Garnier Hair Dye shade.
Our go-to blue black hair dye will always be Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Hair Color Crème as it offers a lot on a single plate. Boosted with the goodness of three natural oils, avocado, olive, and shea, it keeps your hair healthy, shiny, and gray-free.
This product is incomparable with other products in terms of satisfaction and superior performance. Garnier, being Garnier, has been the pioneer in the hair dyeing industry for 100 years now and uses the breakthrough formula in their dyes using simple and natural ingredients.
The unique color leaves no deposits behind, and the hair looks in a better condition after dyeing. Buy this for getting one of the best experiences of dyeing. It even comes with the whole coloring kit for your convenience. Also, consult your hairstylist before you get started with it.
Top 12 Best Blue Black Hair Dyes [ Review ]
1. Adore Semi-Permanent Haircolor #130 Blue Black
The semi-permanent Blue black hair dye is the hottest match you can find for your hair. It gives your hair the desirable shine, boosts it with nutrients, and leaves it moisturized like it was never colored.
It’s completely risk-free due to natural ingredients and does what is better for your hair. A must-buy for hair enthusiasts.
- No alcohol
- Inbuilt conditioner
- Natural ingredients
It gives your strands a new life by giving them a boost of natural ingredients. The blue black hair dye makes sure that your hair remains healthy with no ammonia, no peroxide, and no parabens. Any type of hair can use it.
2. Schwarzkopf Professional Igora Royal Permanent Hair Color
Do you happen to have porous strands? No worries, as this blue black hair dye is nowhere to take care of your porous strands and color them vibrantly. The exact color by Schwarzkopf brings out the dimensions more clearly. It also is sun-resistant and should be used by professionals for the best results.
- For porous strands
- Permanent hair dye
- Long-lasting up to 7-8 weeks
- 100% gray coverage.
This product just cannot compromise on coverage of gray hairs. This blue black hair dye gives retention and long-lasting definition to the hair. Being permanent, it can stay up to 8 weeks and can e used on all textures of hair.
3. Satin Blue Black Hair Color – 1BB
One of the most effective long-lasting hair colors available in the market, the blue black hair dye by Satin is everything in one packet.
The unique blend of proteins it comes up keeps your hair healthy and shiny. The natural ingredients make sure that your scalp is not devoid of their nutrition and damage the hair. Buy it for getting the best results.
- Reconstructive base lets you dye easily
- Permanent hair color
- Very Long lasting
- Micro Color technology
The unique micro color technology brought by Satin blue black hair dye is not to be found anywhere else. It makes sure that all your gray hairs are hidden, and you get the best hair dyeing experience. Use it on any hair, and see the magic unfold.
4. Clairol Nice’n Easy Permanent Hair Color, 2BB Blue Black, 1 Count
Who wouldn’t want to buy a hair dye which gives them all the convenience they want? This blue black hair dye product has a whole kit to offer. Not only the kit, but its unique color blend technology also gives you lowlights and highlights for a sophisticated look.
Buying this product wouldn’t be less than hitting two birds with one stone! So what are you waiting for? Go and grab it.
- Permanent hair color
- Lasts up to 8 weeks
- Comes with a whole kit
- Highlights and lowlights included
The color blend technology newly developed by Clairol has the power to color the hair into 3 different tones in one simple step. Along with covering grays, it also gives your hair complimentary highlights. Offering some of the best qualities, this product can be used by anyone and everyone.
5. Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Hair Color Crème; 22 Intense Blue Black
What is better than Garnier’s Blue black hair dye? Probably Garnier’s new blue black hair dye. The little packet has to offer us a lot- from the glossiness of the locks to keep them colored for over eight weeks, and it does all of it.
This is the best buy if you are considering dyeing your hair for a long, long time. It makes sure your hair does not suffer and look its best all the time.
- Breakthrough formula made up of natural ingredients
- Permanent hair color
- Comes with touch up sachets also
- Blended with three oils – avocado, olive and shea
Garnier is always extra with its hair dyes. It has everything a functional hair dye needs – non-drip formula, long-lasting shine, healthy-looking hair, dimensional, the vibrancy of the color it brings out, the list is endless. The satisfaction you get from Garnier products is immense, and of course, it is for every hair type.
6. L’Oreal Paris Feria Multi-Faceted Shimmering Permanent Hair Color, 411 Downtown Denim
Meet the new glam crunch in the blue black hair dye industry! Just like its name, it fills your hair will all the shimmers it wants. Long-lasting color and healthy-looking hair make the whole coloring experience even more.
This multi-faceted 3x highlighter cum dye is all you need before you transform your hair color.
- Permanent Hair dye kit
- Multiple formulations and styles
- 100% gray hair coverage
- Deep conditioning is provided
The cutting-edge coloring technology makes this blue black hair dye stand out amongst others. Other qualities include Fade-resistant, long-lasting, No deposits, and conditions the hair.
7. Ever Ego Colorego Permanent Haircolor – 1/10 Blue Black
The softness this blue black hair dye provides is unmatched to any other dye. A permanent hair dye that provides a wide range of hues for you to select from, this one gives a very professional touch and a beautiful outcome – long-lasting crème formula with eternal gloss.
- Professional hair color
- Reliable results
- Permanent hair color or dye
This made-in Italy blue black hair dye gives full coverage for grays and is used as professional hair color by a lot of hairstylists. It provides brilliant tones of colors, and the results are entirely satisfactory. The dye can be applied to all types of hair and colors.
8. L’Oreal Healthy Look Creme Gloss Hair Color, 2B Blue Black
The blue black hair dye by L’oreal is one of its kind. It comes packed with the goodness of so many things – longevity, gloss, smoothness, vibrancy, and the most critical dimension.
It is 100 percent infused with natural jelly and pomegranate juice to incorporate more color into the strands. It helps in countering the dullness of the hair and brings back the life of your locks.
- Lasts up to 28 shampoos
- Free of ammonia
- Shimmering tones
- Gray coverage up to 99 percent
It is a non-permanent blue black hair dye that provides a high level of gloss and also ensures the longevity of the color. All types of hair texture can use it. It is also sometimes used by professionals in times of high demands and is very smooth when it comes to giving results.
9. Bigen Permanent Powder Hair Color 88 Blue Black 1 ea
If you are searching for a blue black hair dye that is not in the usual liquid form, then this one is it. It requires absolutely no use of Hydrogen peroxide or ammonia, which is good for the hair and the scalp. The long-lasting effect on hair strands makes it an ideal choice for consumers.
- 100% Hides grays perfectly
- Enhances color
- Can be used by anyone
- Satisfactory results are obtained
This blue black hair dye by Bigen requires no hydrogen peroxide or any kind of ammonia to show its effect. Generally, hair dyes with ammonia bring out the color better, but this one is in powder form and thus deeply infuses into the hair cuticles.
Due to the powder form, it can be used by multiple people with different hair textures. It also works for short hair.
10. Revlon Colorsilk Buttercream Hair Dye, Blue Black
This ammonia-free Hair dye is filled with the goodness of three creams and comes with a nourishment mask post the dyeing session, and that has four oils to make sure your hair does not suffer the aftermath of the dye.
It stays on the hair for long and provides the desired shine and smoothness to the hair.
- Includes 3-in-1 applicator for hair dyes
- Contains Argan, sunflower, avocado and olive oil
As the name suggests, this blue black hair dye is made up of three creams – mango, shea, and coconut butter. It also comes with a post-nourishment mask which has a blend of four oils. It can easily be applied to any kind of hair.
11. Epielle Hair Color for Women – Blue Black
The lush color given out by this blue black hair dye is worth noticing. Each of the strands is infused with the color of the hair dye. The kit includes gloves, color developer, and base color. It is fade-resistant and gives lustrous and vibrant color to the hair.
- Permanent cream hair dye
- Ammonia free
- Nourishing color crème
- Lustful locks are given
Discover the blue black hair dye, which is meant to last. The rich non-crème formula works with your natural tone and highlights the natural look for the hair. The formula is also made up of built-in conditioners that provide extra moisture to the hair.
12. Nairobi Tru Colors Semi-Permanent Hair Color No.2 Indigo (Blue/Black) for Unisex
The semi-permanent blue black hair dye is the best buy for professionals. The semi-permanent dyes are best for special occasions and to experiment with the color of your choice.
If you like the dye, then you can go with permanent hair color. This dye is thus better suited for occasions which demand a color change.
- Glossiness and silkiness
- Professional hair dye
- Semi-permanent hair dye
- Stays up to 3-4 weeks
- Vibrancy and dimensions are pulled out of the locks.
Tru Colors blue black hair dye gives extravagant and vibrant color without the involvement of ammonia or peroxide in the shampoo. The product is unisex and can be used on any type of hair.
Buyer Guide to select the best blue black hair dye
Your very first step towards deciding which shade is best for you will be to be aware of all the dyes that are available and how to about buying the most suitable one.
- Ammonia or no ammonia: Ammonia in hair dyes is put so that your hair color goes deeper into the cuticles and also raises the pH of the hair. It rids the scalp of any moisture. Go with an ammonia-based product if you think that you will be able to use other products to keep your hair moisturized.
- If your natural hair color is only two shades darker or lighter than the color you are going to choose, then it becomes easier for you to maintain and regularly do touch-ups. Go with products that do so and also hoard up on products for regular touch-ups
- Type of hair color also matters depending on how much your hair can take – if your hair is regularly exposed to harmful chemicals, then going with a natural ingredient hair dye is a better option in that case. If you are new to this, later you can try out hair dyes according to what suits you, try doing patch tests also.
- You might have noticed that most of the hair dyes we mentioned in our lists had three oils in them. Those three oils are essential for the growth and nourishment of the hair. Make sure your dye has it, for better enhancement and more vibrancy.
- Lastly, think twice before you go for a permanent one. Permanent ones stay for more extended periods and start washing away after eight weeks. If you are not ready for such type of commitment to a new color, then go for semi-permanent or temporary hair dyes.
After watching the blue and black hair dye come alive on the hair, you will end up wanting for more. With a tint of style, the layers of colors come out perfectly and make a statement. Not a single soul will be able to stop themselves from admiring your newly done hair.
The two in one combo of colors make your hair mesmerizing to the eyes. Why do you have to settle with one when you can have two?
It just fits with any skin tone, cold or warm, and that is what makes it so acceptable and versatile across the globe. So are you ready to turn heads around to look at you often? Are you prepared to be on-boarded by the blue-black hair community? Try it now.