A particular hair mask that comprises olive oil can help you achieve miraculous results for hair that is dry, brittle and damaged. Olive oil possesses a rich emollient that aids in conditioning dry hair. It also makes the hair smooth and silky while restoring its elasticity and tensile strength.
Furthermore, by improving the quality of dull hair, it makes it look glossy, shiny and healthy. You will not face breakage and hair loss with this particular type of hair mask anymore.
This piece of writing throws light on what is the best olive oil hair treatment and what are the olive oil hair treatment steps.
Why Olive oil hair treatment?
- If your hair is brittle and dry like sagebrush, then the homemade olive oil hair treatment is the best for you. It instantly provides your hair back with the initial moisture content.
- Applying olive oil for hair growth can assist you in getting thicker and longer hair at a faster rate. Furthermore, it helps you repair your damaged and dry scalp.
- Olive oil is also helpful for preventing dandruff. Excessive dandruff in your hair can result in dry and flaky scalp. Applying olive oil regularly in your scalp will help you get rid of dandruff, fungus and other such problems.
- Olive oil treatment can help you get rid of split ends, particularly in chilly winter seasons. It not only prevents split ends but also act as a hair serum which helps in softening your hair.
- Olive oil hair treatment overnight helps your hair to grow stronger than ever before. Loaded with vitamins and minerals, it helps you unlock the keratin in your hair which, in turn, makes your hair grow shinier and stronger.
- In case, your scalp is more prone to itching and rashes, olive oil hair treatment results are what you need to get rid of it completely.
- Olive oil hair treatment can smoothen out the frizz in your hair. It does so when you massage the olive oil onto your scalp before a shampoo.
How to do olive oil hair treatment?
Deep conditioning your hair with olive oil treatment is very simple to do. You can carry out this particular treatment at home by DIY steps, or you can visit a well-known hair salon to get experts to do the same on your hair. Read on to know how an olive oil hair treatment is done.
Firstly, you need to warm the oil in a heat-protected container or in a glass submerged in water above the stovetop. Make sure that you do not heat the oil for too long, as you will require a lukewarm solution for the application.
Now you need to apply the oil to the root ends first and massage the ends with your fingertips. Remember to keep in mind about the amount of the oil you take in a bowl. The longer your hair will be, the more amount of oil you need.
The next step involves wrapping your hair with a wet and warm towel. You might be thinking now that “How long should I leave olive oil in my hair?” The answer to your question is simple. You need to leave it like that for almost 20-30 minutes. Shampoo your hair well when the time period is over.
This particular treatment can be applied in your hair twice or thrice a month for best olive oil hair treatments results. Make sure to follow the required regimes to get the best results out of your treatment. Also, not forget to take additional care of your hair.
DIY olive oil hair treatment steps
We all know that olive oil is a natural element that offers innumerable benefits when used, and when applied to the hair and skin. When you use olive oil as a hair mask and allow it to soak into your hair, it enhances the quality of your hair and makes it look and feel better.
You can prepare several olive oil hair masks by combining olive oil with various elements. All these masks can be prepared and applied at home, and here we are going to share one of the famous DIY hair treatment masks which are enabled to add strength as well as shine to your hair.
Pick a good quality coconut oil for preparing the base. Make sure to choose a coconut oil free from fragrances, colorings, and flavorings. It is a good constituent for dry and damaged hair as it contains fatty acid which penetrates the hair shaft, can treat damaged hair. Make sure to microwave or heat it manually for 10-20 minutes. Heat it till it turns to a liquid.
Now comes the mixing part. You need to mix 2 parts of coconut oil and 1 part of extra virgin olive oil. Stir the mixture till the two oils are blended with each other. If you have short length hair, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of olive should be enough for you. Make sure to adjust the amounts as per your hair length and thickness.
Now, it is your turn to apply the mixture to your hair. With the help of your palms and fingers, massage the oil throughout your hair.
Make sure to massage the tips of your hair well as these are the points which tend to be the most damaged and driest. After you finish the massaging process, make sure to brush your hair using a wide-toothed comb or your fingers.
The next step involves wrapping your hair. If you are lucky enough to have long hair, put it in a loose ponytail or a loose bun. For wrapping purposes you can use shower cap, wet and warm towel, plastic wrap or grocery bag.
The next step involves leaving it overnight. Leave the mixture overnight so that the mixture gets enough time to penetrate into the damaged hair shafts. After you wake you in the morning, rinse your hair with warm water. Follow this step with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
Popular Olive oil hair treatments
Here are the popular olive oil treatments which can change the quality of your hair within a month.
Hot olive oil hair treatment:
- Warm 1/2 cup olive oil in a container in a microwave for 30 seconds. Sink your thumbs into the heated olive oil. Knead the oil into your hair pulling from the scalp to the points.
- Wrap your locks including the bathing cap and let it stay in place for 30 minutes. This provides the olive oil time to soothe the scalp and origins of the hair. Wash the hair with warm water.
- Some amount of olive oil will stay in the hair after the wash. Wash your locks with warm water continuously until entire olive oil is extracted effectively. Excess hot water will dehydrate the scalp. Make sure to keep that in mind.
- Modify the hair with your natural conditioner. Apply the wide-toothed brush to brush the hair after washing out the conditioner.
Egg and olive oil hair treatment:
- Divide the egg yellow part and white part from one egg. If you have particularly long-drawn or dense hair, two egg yellows may be essential to give balanced coverage.
- Put the yellow part in a separate container from the white part. Supplement 1 tablespoon of olive oil for each egg yellow in the container. Apply a spoon to blend up the egg-center and olive oil continuously till mixed entirely.
- Rub the batter smoothly into parched hair. Put a synthetic bathing cap above your hair and leave the batter in your locks for a point of one hour.
- Clean the mix-up from your hair applying warm water. Do not use hot water. It can boil the egg yellow. Shampoo and condition your hair as normal.
Coconut oil and olive oil hair treatment:
- Pick a good quality coconut oil for preparing the base. Make sure to choose a coconut oil free from fragrances, coloring, and flavorings. It is a good constituent for dry and damaged hair as it contains fatty acid which penetrates the hair shaft, can treat damaged hair.
- Make sure to microwave or heat it manually for 10-20 minutes. Heat it till it turns to a liquid.
- Now comes the mixing part. You need to mix 2 parts of coconut oil and 1 part of extra virgin olive oil.
- Stir the mixture till the two oils are blended with each other. If you have short length hair, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of olive should be enough for you. Make sure to adjust the amounts as per your hair length and thickness.
- Now, it is your turn to apply the mixture to your hair. With the help of your palms and fingers, massage the oil throughout your hair. Make sure to massage the tips of your hair well as these are the points which tend to be the most damaged and driest.
- After you finish the massaging process, make sure to brush your hair using a wide-toothed comb or your fingers.
- The next step involves wrapping your hair. If you are lucky enough to have long hair, put it in a loose ponytail or a loose bun. For wrapping purposes you can use shower cap, wet and warm towel, plastic wrap or grocery bag.
- The next step involves leaving it overnight. Leave the mixture overnight so that the mixture gets enough time to penetrate into the damaged hair shafts.
- After you wake you in the morning, rinse your hair with warm water. Follow this step with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
Honey and olive oil hair treatment:
- Use 1/2 cup honey and blend it with 1/4 cup olive oil. If required, heat the mix-up in a microwave for 15 seconds.
- Apply your thumbs to use a small volume of the mix-up on moist hair, pulling it within the strands, below to the tips.
- Wrap your hair with a cloth and leave the mix on for 30 minutes. Shampoo properly, wash and dry as usual.
Mayonnaise and olive oil hair treatment:
- Place 1/4 of a container of mayonnaise in a fresh, dry pan. It does not mean if the mayonnaise is heated or frozen.
- Supplement 1 spoon of fresh virgin olive oil to the pan. Agitate the mayonnaise and olive oil collectively continuously till well-blended.
- Wet and rinse your hair completely. Mildly rub your hair dry to eliminate any surplus water. Dip the mayonnaise and olive oil blend on your fingertips and mildly stroke into your head.
- Brush using a wide-toothed comb within your hair to uniformly scatter the mix-up. Add more batter on your fingertips and massage within the remainder of your hair.
- Loosely gather your hair on your scalp. Put a bathing cap above your hair.
- Put a big, dry cloth in the dryer for about two minutes. This warms the cloth without causing it hot. Preserve the cloth throughout your head. The warmth from the towel will tenderly warm your hair and nourishes and it absorbs the mixture.
- Allow the mixture to stay on your hair for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, wash out the mix-up with lukewarm water. Do not apply shampoo when you wash.
Avocado and olive oil hair treatment:
Here is the procedure to perform Avocado and Oilve Oil hair treatment.
- To prepare a moisturizing mixture, mash avocado into a thick paste, then blend it with 1/4 cup of steel-cut or spread oats.
- Blend the paste with 1/8 to 1/4 container of olive oil, based on your hair’s aridity. Supplement 1 bowl of milk and beat well.
- Flatten the batter over your hair; remain idle for 30 minutes and wash.
- To prepare a detangling conditioner, mix 1/2 cup of Shea butter, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar plus one sliced avocado in a blender.
- Blend until creamy, use to hair and remain idle for 30 minutes. Wash properly for smooth, bright locks.
Side effects of Olive oil hair treatment
You might be wondering “Can olive oil damage your hair?” But do not bother as it is not the case. Olive oil has some side-effects when applied to skin. It is not at all harmful for your hair as it contains essential ingredients that help in your hair growth.
Furthermore, it is also helpful for treating dandruff and dry hair. Therefore, rest assured, you can unquestionably apply the olive oil hair treatment for a beautiful, shiny, smooth, lustrous, and dandruff-free hair.