Ash blonde hair dye – that’s right. No, it’s not the same as silver, if you thought so. Ash-blonde hair dye and silver hair dye have a big difference. The shade is darker, and the roots are done to add dimension and natural effect to the otherwise platinum hair. And Tada! We get Ash blonde.
Now as easy as it sounds, it is pretty tough actually to do it. With the decision of getting ash blonde hair dye comes bleaching, skin tone, selection of shades, and responsibility of maintaining it. You are not in this alone. When it comes to rocking the look, there are specific suggestions you could adopt.
We have compiled a list of ash blonde hair dye kits available. Do check out editor’s pick because we only want what is best for you! We also have a buyer’s guide at the end for your convenience.
Editor’s Pick : The best Ash Blonde Hair Dye
If you dont have enough time to check out all 12 Ash blonde hair dyes we reviewed below, we suggest you to go for L’Oreal Paris Superior Preference, 7A Dark Ash Blonde. This is the best ash blonde hair dye that has all the features required for a suitable hair dye.
As it is resistant to fading, it is long-lasting, Gives the correct amount of definition to the hair, and makes the whole process of dyeing hassle-free. This product won’t disappoint, buy it for getting an exhilarating dyeing experience!
- SUPERIOR PREFERENCE PERMANENT HAIR DYE Kit: For gorgeous, fade-defying hair color with dimension, look no further. We pair our gel hair dye formula with Care Supreme Conditioner with Shine Serum to help maintain color vibrancy and provide silk & shine.
- FADE-DEFYING HAIR COLOR: Superior Preference hair color kits have been our gold standard in hair dyes since 1973. There are over 50 shades to choose from, so you can find the perfect shade for you, from luminous red to cool ash blond, to deepest black.
- L'OREAL PERMANENT HAIR COLOR: L'Oreal Paris Hair Color comes in multiple formulations and styles to deliver long-lasting color, from fade-defying Superior Preference, to bold, stylish Feria, and gray-coverage from Excellence Crème.
- LONG LASTING HAIR COLOR: Get beautiful color from L'Oréal Paris hair color; permanent, semi-permanent, temporary hair color, & root cover up. Cover gray hair, highlight, go bold with bright color, or even try an ombre hair color.
- L'OREAL PARIS IS INCOMPARABLE: Tried at-home hair dyeing kits like Clairol Nice'N Easy, Schwarzkopf Keratin, Herbatint hair Color, Clairol Natural Instinct, Vidal Sassoon hair color, Naturtint hair color? We think you'll love L'Oreal Paris hair color.
Top 12 Best Ash Blonde Hair Dye Products [Review]
1. L’Oreal Paris Superior Preference Fade-Defying, 7A Dark Ash Blonde
The multiple unique formulations provided by this ash blonde hair dye has impressive results on your hair. If you want to cover your grays, transform your whole look, or go bold with bright colors, this one is the one solution for all your dye problems.
The color vibrancy is maintained throughout, and the color doesn’t fade quickly. This dye is a must buy if you are looking for economic all-rounder ash blonde hair dye.
- Whole kit with conditioner inside
- Permanent hair color
- Fade defying hair color
- Conditions your hair from within
Claimed as number one in the hair dyeing industry, their ash blonde hair dye provides you with silky shine hair, dimensions that do not fade, and excellent gray coverage. Buy this for getting hands-on experience with one of their bests.
2. Garnier Nutrisse Haircolor, 111 Extra-light Ash Blonde White Chocolate
There is nothing like Garnier when it comes to picking ash blonde dyes. From nourishment to shine to long-lasting, they will fulfill all your needs of a suitable hair dye. The conditioner also provides extra protection against the sun and other harmful chemicals. The non-drip formula smells good and is suitable for the health of the hair.
- The goodness of three oils for subsistence
- No color deposits
- Permanent hair dye
- Long lasting non drip crème formula
The uniqueness of this ash blonde hair dye is that it can be used on already colored hair and still give the best results. The nourishing conditioner containing avocado is good for the hair, and it leaves an aftereffect of shine as well. It is easily usable by any texture of hair.
3. Clairol Age Defy Permanent Hair Color, 8A Medium Ash Blonde
This ash blonde hair dye includes antioxidants to get the toxins out of the scalp and redefine the hair roots. The tri-plex formula helps in protecting the hair structure and reduces the breakage of the hair. One hundred percent gray coverage is guaranteed with this hair dye. Then why go somewhere else when you can dye your hair in the comfort of your home.
- The kit contains serum and antioxidant conditioner to maintain the health of your hair.
- Shiny and silky hair is obtained
- The tri-plex formula is there for enhanced results.
Look no further for your stubborn grays when you have found the Clairol’s ash blonde hair dye. They reduce the hair breakage and condition your hair follicles from the roots to the tips.
4. Naturtint Permanent Hair Color 10A Light Ash Blonde
Full of Natural ingredients, this ash blonde hair dye is completely vegan and contains no harmful chemicals. Despite not having heavy chemicals, it still manages to provide the silkiness and shine to the hair and brings out the correct color and dimensions after dyeing. The grays are covered up entirely, and the color lasts indefinitely.
- Enriched with natural oils
- Long-lasting up to 9 weeks
- Free of ammonia, parabens, sulfates, etc
The cruelty-free ash-blonde dye by Naturtint gives long-lasting and vibrant results. As it is free of ammonia and completely vegan, it doesn’t harm your hair in any way. It is lovingly used by people with all kinds of hair types.
5. Revlon Colorsilk Beautiful Color, Permanent Hair Dye with Keratin
This ash blonde hair dye free of ammonia has a blend of keratin and particular amino acids to deliver silky, shiny, and healthy-looking strands of hair. With a hundred percent gray coverage, it promises to define the hair color and give dimensions they deserve. It leaves the hair in a better condition than it was before coloration.
- Keratin enriched formula
- Silk and shine
- Permanent hair dye
The 3D technology offered by Revlon delivers vibrant, natural effect, multi-shade color from roots till the tips, The long-lasting shine and definition provided are some of the critical features of this ash blonde hair dye. It is usable on any hairstyle or hair type.
6. 7A Medium Ash Blonde Permanent Liquid Hair Color
The permanent ash blonde hair dye brought to you by Medium leaves a long-lasting impression on your hair. Your hair will surely ask for more after you use this product. The fragrance is quite refreshing, and the hydration is unparalleled to any other hair dye. They give maximum light and gloss to your locks. Buy it to see the amazing results yourself.
- Free of PPD
- Gives long-lasting shine and color
- 100% fade resistance
- 100% gray coverage
This one has the goodness of Pequa and argan oil to provide extra hair care to your beautiful locks. These oils ensure that your scalp is not dry and keep the hair shiny and silky. All can use this Ash-blonde multi-purpose dye.
7. L’Oreal Paris Feria Multi-Faceted Shimmering Permanent Hair Color
There is absolutely nothing that you can’t love about the new L’oreal Ash blonde hair dye. They do not disappoint at all with its long-lasting crème technology, color at-home kits, conditioners to seal in the moisture. With the cutting edge technology in coloring and latest trends, this hair dye is gaining popularity amongst hair dyes very fast.
- Faster results than other dyes
- Long-lasting effect
- Can last up to two months
- Non-drip formula
It is popularly known for its shimmering shades and color on edge. The ash blonde hair dye comes with multiple formulations and different kinds of styles and infuses into the hair strands. The conditioner that comes with the packet fills the hair with enough moisturizer. The hair color comes in many types – semi-permanent, permanents, and root touch-ups.
8. Wella Koleston Perfect Permanent Creme Hair Color
If perfect hair dyes existed, then it would probably be Wella’s Ash blonde hair dye. This one has superior quality ingredients that make sure the colors infuse into the strands properly and give an excellent finish to the overall hair color. The shades that come out are amazing, and you will never go back to your natural hair color again.
- Top-quality ingredients
- Unisex dye
- Many shades of the same color are available.
This ash-blonde dye by Wella is a rare find and is an excellent example of how an ideal hair dye should be like. They can create the shades of the color ideally to give a natural look to the hairstyle. Buy Wella’s hair dye to get intense, dimension, and vibrant results from the ingredients that are top in quality. As this one is Unisex, it can be used by anyone.
9. Ever Ego (ALTER EGO) Permanent Hair Color Cream
This ash-blonde dye is all for one and one for all. The shea butter moisturizes, and other ingredients like rosemary, sage, birch, and horsetail protect the hair from the effects of coloration. It also increases the transporting capacity. One of the best hair dyes out there, it makes sure you don’t switch to any other dye after using this one.
- Shea butter base
- Full of natural ingredients
- Color edge technology
- Long-lasting results of the color
The shea butter base in this ash blonde hair dye makes it a perfect dye for hiding all your grays. The shea butter restores the shine, nourishes and hydrates the hair from within. The color edge technology gives uniform results, reliable coloring, and long-lasting results.
10. Tints of Nature 8C Ash Blonde Permanent Hair Dye
Say hello to happier and healthier hair with Tints of Nature Ash blonde hair, which gives you an icy cooling effect on the hair. It fills your hair with shine and smoothness like never before. The hair color is gentle to your hair, as 75% of ingredients are organic and naturally derived.
- Completely Organic
- Long-lasting permanent dye
- Shine and nourishment is guaranteed
- Gentle on hair and scalp
The ash blonde hair dye by Tints of Nature is a home color kit that is entirely vegan and free of animal cruelty. The natural ingredients in the dye make it suitable for use anywhere and anytime. It’s a permanent dye and can last up to two months. The possibility of having harmful chemicals like PPD, parabens, and ammonia is relatively lesser than other products.
11. Herbatint Permanent Herbal Haircolor Gel, Light Ash Blonde
Providing up to two applications, the ash blonde hair dye by Herbatint is made up of all-natural ingredients and offers indefinite gloss. Studies say that Herbatint’s dye is the only safest hair color that is rid of ammonia, Parabens, and others. The unique herbal formula makes it stand out.
- Herbal product
- Indefinite shine
- No harmful chemicals
- Safe hair color for the hair
Enriched with eight certified herbal extracts, this ash blonde hair dye is a permanent hair color gel. The grey coverage is 100%, and it effectively achieves long-lasting shine and vibrancy in the hair.
12. Palette Intensive Color Creme C10 Frosty Silver Blonde Permanent Hair Color
Buy this ash blonde hair dye if you want to have a more substantial, silkier, and magnificent shine. This ever caring hair dye is a star product, amongst others. With sealing in of high color pigments, this one also takes utmost care of the hair, provides them nourishment, and brings out the eternal shine that your hair always desired.
- Keratin complex for stronger roots
- The long-lasting intensity of color
- 100% grey coverage
- Rich mask included for post coloring care
The keratin complex and the protective mask provides this ash blonde hair dye leverage over other dyes. Maximum radiance is experienced with this dye, and 100% grays are covered. The care agents present in the color formula protect the hair while coloring.
Buyer Guide to Select the Best Ash Blonde Hair Dye
Ash-blonde is the hottest trend, but it calls for a lot of commitments. While the ash blonde hair might look like the next revolution in the hair dye industry, it has to be chosen very carefully. The shades are quite resilient, and you can end up with the wrong one very quickly.
To solve your doubts and FAQs which you might face while selecting your ash blonde hair dye here are some suggestions on the matter:
- Pay attention to the tone—the ash blonde color suits people with a cooler undertone. If you have fairer skin color, blue, gray, or green eyes, then this dye color is the one for you. Otherwise, choose dyes with warmer undertones.
- Ammonia-free products are the best escape for your hair. Choose the ones without ammonia and other harsh chemicals.
- Hair dyes should strictly be fade-resistant. Make sure that you choose a hair dye that doesn’t wash off in just a few weeks. The ideal time would be 6-7 weeks on any excellent hair dye.
- The ash blonde hair dye tends to dry out the hair very quickly. Also, it requires a lot of bleaching before getting the best results. Make sure you keep the hair properly hydrated to avoid any consequences like split ends later.
- A temporary dye is always a better option if you are not sure about how the color is going to look on you.
- Make sure you get hair care products related to hair dyes like shampoos and conditioners for color-treated hair. This way the color lasts longer.
- Consult your hairdresser before taking any steps that you might regret later. If you are DIY at home, then choosing the one with the whole kit is better for convenience.
- Always go for the dye, which gives vibrancy, brings out the vividness and adds new lust, dimension, and bounce to your hair.
Although ash blonde hair dye has a slight grayish tint to it, it suits cool undertones like blue and green the most. As it comes under cooler tones, it looks the best on people who have fairer skin, green, grey, and blue eyes.
If you are one with a warm skin tone, then consider going for darker shades of ash blonde and make sure it suits your skin color. Take advice from your hairdresser and choose the shade carefully. If you are doing it for the first time, then it is any day better to go for a semi-permanent hair dye that doesn’t last for that many weeks.