In case you are among people with straight hair and always wanted to curl them, then you are at the right place. With the right styling tools and products for Men, you can easily get bold and glossy curls in your hair without spending much. As long as your hair is not very short to be curled, you’re good to follow the below steps given
Table of Contents
Required products to get wavy Hair for Men
1. Tea Tree Lavender Mint Taming Cream
This weightless curl cream gives a curly and wavy shape to your hair and doesn’t let curly hair go haywire. This can be used for all textures of hair and is used for controlled styling and a smooth blowout.
Packed with natural ingredients like Monoi, pequi and jojoba oils help in deep hydration of the hair.
2. Cantu Shea Butter Men’s Collection Cream Pomade
The shea butter and coconut milk in this cream help in moisturizing and locking the moisture to not let the curly hair go dry for the next two days. This one is free of harmful contents like paraben, sulfate and oils which can be disastrous for your hair. Buy this one for a hassle-free experience.
Sea salt spray
Toni & Guy Casual Sea Salt Spray, Salt Spray
The sea salt spray brought to you by Toni and Guy gives adds the right texture to your hair for a free and disheveled holiday look. It’s quite relaxing for the waves and helps in achieving a casual appearance.
It holds the hair firmly and is lightweight for the head. Applicable to all hair types, buy this one when trying to wave your hair.
Heat protectant spray
Design Essentials Agave & Lavender Thermal Protectant Creme -Blow-Dry & Silk Press Collection
This heat protectant spray provides protection against the harmful heat waves emanating from the blow dryer that can make your hair go dry. Works up to 420 degrees, this one also protects from humidity. Suitable for all hair types, it also ensures hassle-free styling which is long-lasting.
Andis 82105 1875-Watt Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic Styling Hair Dryer
The polymer hair dryer is the best buy for styling men’s wavy hair. The dryer has a cool shot button and three different heat settings. It works on the technology of breaking water molecules and dries hair faster than other dryers.
Moroccanoil Curl Enhancing Shampoo
This color-safe curl shampoo by Moroccanoil ensures that your curls get the best care when you are washing them. They soothe out the waves and take out extra sebum from the scalp.
They evenly spread natural oils from the roots to the end. Free of parabens and sulfates, buy this one for a damage-free hair wash.
How to get curly hair for men – Step by Step Process
Styling men’s hair to get curly hair is fairly an easy task at home. The above-given products are what you need. Get ready for a wavy ride.
- Cleaning – Before you begin styling your hair, your hair should be free of dust and dirt. Every styling becomes easy when the hair is damp. Wash your hair with specialized curl shampoo to get the best results.
- Pre-Drying – Do not use blow dryer yet. Try to dry your hair using a towel and leave it slightly damp before we start the waving process.
- Applying heat protectant spray – The steps ahead involve heavy usage of heat products so it’s better to protect the hair beforehand. This will help the hair in staying hydrated and free of frizz.
- Time for some seal salt spray – To get the perfect waves which allows free movement in your hair, seal salt hairsprays work the best. Make sure you evenly distribute the spray and spread it from the roots to the ends. It gives a natural look to the hair and at the same time the waves look effortless.
- Blow-Drying – After the salt spray has showed its effects, blast your hair with blow dryer and start forming curls using your fingers by wrapping them around. Make sure you cover each side of your head one-by-one and don’t rush up the process. If you feel that your hair is not enough curly, apply salt spray and repeat the process
- Apply Curling cream – To set the formed curls, its important that you apply a good curl cream to complete the look and gloss out the waves. Finish your waving styling process by curling some more with your fingers for the desired look.
For permanent wave styling, you can also consider options like perming. It’s a chemical treatment to curl your hair for a longer time. It stays or around 8 weeks.
Precautions to be taken after getting curly hair for Men
Now that you have wavy hair then you will soon realize that curls need a lot of maintenance to keep looking like that. They tend to be brittle and hard and need a lot of moisture. A few of the essential precautions are listed below for your knowledge:
- Do not play with your hair so much. By constantly touching your hair, you disrupt the shape of your hair and end messing it up.
- Avoid using hair dryer a lot once you have formed your curls. Using it too much will take out extra moisture from the hair and you will end up with limp curls. Natural air drying is the best when it comes to curly and wavy hair.
- Do not wash your hair very often. Washing will affect the gloss and shape of the waves. You can wash it twice in a week for best results.
- Use a good conditioner. It is recommended to use conditioner once in a while to keep your strands healthy and moisturized. Once a week should get the job done.
- For oiling your hair, use argan oils as they are more effective when it comes to curly hair. Waves require more amount of oil as the strands are thick so argan oil does a good job at it.
- To get the most out of your curly and wavy hairstyle, get a short to medium length haircut. If your hair type is straight then consider keeping longer hair for better styling.
- Keep using curl enhancers so that your waves don’t go out of control and stay frizz free. Use it on damp hair and let it dry naturally.
- Do not comb your hair so much. Combing results in breaking the curls and thus affects the pattern of the curls. Resort to finger-combing if you may.