Does your hairline look different from others? Did you know that there are various types of hairlines and that the receding hairline is also a type of hairline? To answer all these curious questions, we have consolidated a list of types of hairlines found both in males and females.
By reading the below article, you will get an idea regarding how each and every type of hairline and does it need any kind of special attention. A lot of times people confuse a few hairlines with signs of hair fall and vice versa. Let’s clear up all the confusion.
Before we explore more about hairlines, If you are just looking for few good shampoos for better hair growth, and to prevent hair fall, then, please check the below shampoos.
What are Hairlines?
Everyone has hairlines unless and until you are bald. Men and women have different kinds of hairlines and each hairline differs in shape, size of forehead and patterns. It might be in a zig-zag pattern or in an uneven manner which isn’t that common.
The uneven hairline can be blamed on genetics most of the time. Each hairline is unique but they have been broadly divided into categories.
Let’s look at a brief of types of hairlines known to get an idea of which category your hairline falls in:
Types of Hairlines for both Female and Male
1. High hairline
These kinds of hairlines can be found both in men and women and are recognized as hairlines that are higher on the forehead than the average hairline. It can either be genetic or a result of receding hair loss.
Also, I would like to highlight the fact that with age, the hairline gets higher and it is completely normal. So how do you differentiate between the recession of hair and your high hairline?
- If your scalp is itchy then it could be receding
- If you have thinner hair then it could be hair loss near the forehead
- If the hairline has become uneven in the last few days
If you naturally have a high hairline then wearing your hair in a ponytail is probably not a good idea. The constant tugging and pulling can put extra stress on the hair follicles and cause hair loss in the front.
2. Low Hairline
If your forehead is way shorter than it should be, then you have a low hairline. This can actually come to you as an advantage as with age, the hairline starts shifting upwards. Low hairlines sit low on the forehead and let you have hairstyles with a bun or pony with grace.
3. Normal hairline
People with these kinds of hairlines are very blessed. It is the most preferable hairline for everyone. Your forehead is neither small nor big. There is adequate space between your forehead and eyebrows.
4. Receding hairline
People who have receding hairlines have a history of hair loss. You might not lose hair in those areas, but it might keep thinning as you age. A few medical conditions like amnesia and vitamin deficiencies also play a significant role.
Few Shampoos to prevent Hair Fall
1. Natural Hair Loss Shampoo for Men and Women with Biotin for Hair Growth
- Hair growth tip - one of the best ways to combat hair loss is to discard that artificial hair regrowth shampoo with damaging sulfates and choose a shampoo with gentler more natural ingredients
- Biotin Hair Shampoo - We blended natural coconut oil jojoba oil tea tree oil zinc and biotin with keratin to nourish your dry scalp and hydrate your hair from root to tip for healthy hair volume
- Volumizing Shampoo For Thin Hair - Our pyrithione zinc shampoo offers complete hair hydration to restore moisture for voluminous locks you can be proud of thanks to biotin with coconut oil for hair
- Sulfate Free Shampoo - We pack many natural ingredients in our paraben free shampoo for color treated hair specially formulated with pure jojoba oil biotin vitamins olive oil and argan oil for hair
- Premium Quality - Treat your hair with cleansing and hydrating plant based ingredients that deeply nourish your hair such as jojoba oil and a wide range of essentials oil for hair care you can trust
2. Hair Thickening Shampoo, Natural & Organic Herb Shampoo for Hair Regrowth Faster/Prevent Thinning Hair Loss
- 【SHAMPOO FOR GROWTH OF HAIR】: Thickening shampoo against hair loss All natural herbal ingredients are carefully curated to form the gentlest and most effective hair growth solution for all hair types. Grow and prevent hair loss in men and women
- 【FASTER HAIR GROWTH】: The best treatments for hair loss for stronger hair volume and strength. Faster, healthier and stronger for hair growth. Our natural herbal serum for hair growth has been proven to promote hair growth at the root while improving hair structure, fullness and strength, supporting the strengthening of the hair root.
- 【Nature HERBAL EXTRACT INGREDIENTS】 Turmeric Kwangsiensis, Eruca Sativa, Citrus Grandis, Polygonum Multiflorum, Old Ginger, Camellia Sinensis, Oomelo Bark, etc.
- 【SOFT & SILKY】: A gentle shampoo for daily use that promotes the volume, strengthening, thickening and regrowth of natural hair while providing intense hydration. An ideal solution for treating thinning, fractures, damaged hair and spills.
- 【Gentle & Non-Drying For All Hair Types】 This unisex shampoo provides gentle, yet effective cleansing for all hair types; Select Certified Organic Ingredients. Sulfate Free. Herbal extract ingredients.Gluten Free. Hypo-Allergenic.
3. PURA D’OR Hair Thinning Therapy System – Biotin Shampoo & Conditioner Set for Hair Thinning Prevention
- INCREASED VOLUME, REDUCED THINNING: Our hair thickening shampoo and conditioner set is formulated with biotin and our exclusive proprietary blend of 15 DHT blockers, including nettle extract, pumpkin seed and black cumin seed oil. Clinically tested & proven to reduce hair thinning, promote hair strength & thickness with increased volume & reducing breakage. Individual results may vary.*
- ORGANIC INGREDIENT BASED SHAMPOO: Our biotin shampoo and conditioner is made with organic argan oil, vitamin e oil, tea tree oil and many more premium ingredients, all indicated on the labels. These essential hair vitamins help moisturize the scalp to promote thicker fuller hair in men and women. Made with no sulfates and no parabens which could harm the scalp or hair growth.
- PROTECT & STRENGTHEN YOUR HAIR: Our Hair Thinning Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner set is made with an organic aloe vera base instead of a water base for the cleanest, organic, cruelty free and best natural shampoo and conditioner set.
- IMPROVED HAIR APPEARANCE: This set is safe to be used as a daily routine shampoo and conditioner. Also works great if you need hair products for dry damaged hair and as a color treatment shampoo for women and men. Helps cleanse the scalp, improving the overall health of your hair.
- THE PURA D'OR PROMISE: Healthy hair for happy customers. We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with our all natural shampoo and conditioner, let us know and we will give you a FULL refund.
Types of Hairlines in Female
1. Widow’s peak
When the hairline is in the shape of an M or V in the middle of the forehead then it is known as a widow’s peak. If your hair starts receding more from both sides, then it can be a sign of hair loss and raise alarms. To hide it, you can wear hairstyles in bangs.
2. Straight (rectangular)
When the hairline is straight forming a rectangle out of your forehead area, it can give off masculine work. A lot of women with such hairlines prefer to get haircuts that don’t emphasize the hairline much to have a more feminine look.
3. Bell shaped or Rounded
Few women tend to have hairlines that are round in shape and can make the forehead appear longer than it actually is. Avoid wearing middle partings in such cases as it will draw more attention towards the forehead.
Types of Hairlines in Men
1. Square hairline
Typically seen on men with square faces and strong jawlines, this hairline is in a shape of a square on the forehead. Do not choose haircuts like slick back undercuts or combed over haircuts.
2. Narrow hairline
Men which have oval-shaped faces, small foreheads and receding hair patterns have this kind of hairline. Mohawks or a fade-over hairstyle with comb-over hair look the best on people with these kinds of hairlines.
3. Broad hairline
People with round faces and broad foreheads have this kind of hairline. Men do not like this hairline and try to have hairstyles like the Caesar cut to withdraw attention from their hairline.
4. M shaped hairline
Men too have a widow’s peak hairline or M shaped hairline in which there is a point in the middle of the forehead. Receding hair from both sides can be a bit stressful and result in hair loss.
So I hope you got an idea of all kinds of hairlines that are commonly seen amongst females and males. Hairlines can be like fingerprints and unique. They might be different and not match any of the above hairline types.
That generally happens due to genetics and is normal. Do not worry about it unless you start noticing hair loss near the hairlines. There are a lot of products available to lessen the hair fall mentioned above and will help in the process.