Does your hairline look different from others? Did you know that there are various types of hairlines and that the receding hairline is also a type of hairline? To answer all these curious questions, we have consolidated a list on types of hairlines found both in male and female.
By reading the below article, you will get an idea regarding how each and every type of hairline and does it need any kind of special attention. A lot of times people confuse few hairlines with signs of hair fall and vice versa. Let’s clear all the confusion.
Before we explore more about hairlines, If you are just looking for few good shampoos for better hair growth, and to prevent hair fall, then, please check below shampoos.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are Hairlines?
- 2 Types of Hairlines for both Female and Male
- 3 Few Shampoos to prevent Hair Fall
- 3.1 1. Natural Hair Loss Shampoo for Men and Women with Biotin for Hair Growth
- 3.2 2. Hair Thickening Shampoo, Natural & Organic Herb Shampoo for Hair Regrowth Faster/Prevent Thinning Hair Loss
- 3.3 3. PURA D’OR Hair Thinning Therapy System – Biotin Shampoo & Conditioner Set for Hair Thinning Prevention
- 4 Types of Hairlines in Female
- 5 Types of Hairlines in Men
What are Hairlines?
Everyone has hairlines unless and until you are bald. Men and women have different kinds of hairlines and each hairline differs in shape, size of forehead and patterns. It might be in a zig-zag pattern or in an uneven manner which isn’t that common.
Uneven hairline can be blamed on genetics most of the time. Each hairline is unique but they have been broadly divided into categories.
Let’s look at a brief of types of hairlines known to get an idea of which category your hairline falls in:
Types of Hairlines for both Female and Male
1. High hairline
These kinds of hairlines can be found both in men and women and are recognized as hairlines which are higher on the forehead than the average hairline. It can either be genetic or a result from receding hair loss.
Also, I would like to highlight the fact that with age, the hairline gets higher and it is completely normal. So how do you differentiate between recession of hair and your high hairline?
- If your scalp is itchy then it could be receding
- If you have thinner hair then it could be hair loss near the forehead
- If the hairline has become uneven in the last few days
If you naturally have a high hairline then wearing your hair in a ponytail is probably not a good idea. The constant tugging and pulling can put extra stress of the hair follicles and cause hair loss in the front.
2. Low Hairline
If your forehead is way shorter than it should be, then you have a low hairline. This can actually come to you as an advantage as with age, the hairline starts shifting upwards. Low hairlines sit low on forehead and let you have hairstyles with a bun or pony with grace.
3. Normal hairline
People with these kinds of hairlines are very blessed. It is the most preferable hairline for everyone. Your forehead is neither small nor big. There is adequate space between your forehead and eyebrows.
4. Receding hairline
People who have receding hairline have history of hair loss. You might not loose hair in those areas, but it might keep thinning as you age. Few medical conditions like amnesia and vitamin deficiencies also play a significant role.
Few Shampoos to prevent Hair Fall
1. Natural Hair Loss Shampoo for Men and Women with Biotin for Hair Growth
- Biotin Hair Shampoo - We blended natural coconut oil jojoba oil tea tree oil zinc and biotin with keratin to nourish your dry scalp and hydrate your hair from root to tip for healthy hair volume
- Volumizing Shampoo For Thin Hair - Our pyrithione zinc shampoo offers complete hair hydration to restore moisture for voluminous locks you can be proud of thanks to biotin with coconut oil for hair
- Sulfate Free Shampoo - We pack many natural ingredients in our paraben free shampoo for color treated hair specially formulated with pure jojoba oil biotin vitamins olive oil and argan oil for hair
- Common Hair Concerns - Hair growth is one of the most common hair woes for aging adults since no one likes how hair loss looks but hair regrowth doesn’t come easy and many ingredients are unsavory
- Honeydew Premium Care - We use many beneficial natural oils in our unique biotin shampoo for dry hair formulated with no parabens so you can count on Honeydew for guilt-free and feel-good hair care
2. Hair Thickening Shampoo, Natural & Organic Herb Shampoo for Hair Regrowth Faster/Prevent Thinning Hair Loss
- 【SHAMPOO FOR GROWTH OF HAIR】: Thickening shampoo against hair loss All natural herbal ingredients are carefully curated to form the gentlest and most effective hair growth solution for all hair types. Grow and prevent hair loss in men and women
- 【FASTER HAIR GROWTH】: The best treatments for hair loss for stronger hair volume and strength. Faster, healthier and stronger for hair growth. Our natural herbal serum for hair growth has been proven to promote hair growth at the root while improving hair structure, fullness and strength, supporting the strengthening of the hair root.
- 【Nature HERBAL EXTRACT INGREDIENTS】 Turmeric Kwangsiensis, Eruca Sativa, Citrus Grandis, Polygonum Multiflorum, Old Ginger, Camellia Sinensis, Oomelo Bark, etc.
- 【SOFT & SILKY】: A gentle shampoo for daily use that promotes the volume, strengthening, thickening and regrowth of natural hair while providing intense hydration. An ideal solution for treating thinning, fractures, damaged hair and spills.
- 【Gentle & Non-Drying For All Hair Types】 This unisex shampoo provides gentle, yet effective cleansing for all hair types; Select Certified Organic Ingredients. Sulfate Free. Herbal extract ingredients.Gluten Free. Hypo-Allergenic.
3. PURA D’OR Hair Thinning Therapy System – Biotin Shampoo & Conditioner Set for Hair Thinning Prevention
- HAIR THICKENING HAIR CARE SET: Reduce visible signs of hair thinning and breakage with this hair shampoo and conditioner. It’s made with 15 Key Active Ingredients to clean the scalp off of the sources of thinning hair and stimulate follicles for stronger hair.
- MOISTURIZING ARGAN OIL SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER: The combination of Amla and Meadowfoam Oils keeps your hair hydrated by locking in hair’s natural moisture and providing protection from harmful radicals. Hydrating and sulfate free shampoo and conditioner will make dry hair extra soft and smooth.
- PROTECT YOUR HAIR: Sulfate and Paraben Free shampoo and conditioner both enriched with argan oil for hair to add protection to your hair against damage caused by the sun and chemicals found in other styling products. Coats the hair shafts for protection and a naturally, strong and beautiful hair.
- REPAIR AND RESTORE: Allow the nourishing and strengthening blend of our ingredients to strengthen hair fibers to bring damaged hair back to life. Healthy fibers helps bring back natural shine and softness of the hair.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Healthy hair, happy customers! We offer 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with our shampoo and conditioner set, let us know and we will give you a FULL refund.
Types of Hairlines in Female
1. Widow’s peak
When the hairline is in the shape of a M or V in the middle of the forehead then it is known as widow’s peak. If your hair starts receding more from both the sides, then it can be a sign of hair loss and raise alarms. To hide it, you can wear hairstyles in bangs.
2. Straight (rectangular)
When the hairline is straight forming a rectangle out of your forehead area, it can give off a masculine work. A lot of women with such hairlines prefer to get haircuts which don’t emphasize the hairline much to have more feminine look.
3. Bell shaped or Rounded
Few women tend to have hairlines which are round in shape and can make the forehead appear longer than it actually is. Avoid wearing middle partings in such cases as it will draw more attention towards the forehead.
Types of Hairlines in Men
1. Square hairline
Typically seen on men with square faces and strong jawlines, this hairline is in a shape of a square on the forehead. Do not choose haircuts like slick back undercuts or combed over haircuts.
2. Narrow hairline
Men which have oval shaped face, a small forehead and receding hair pattern have this kind of hairline. Mohawks or a fade over hairstyle with comb over hair look the best on people with these kind of hairlines.
3. Broad hairline
People with a round face and a broad forehead have this kind of hairline. Men do not like this hairline and try to have hairstyles like the Caesar cut to withdraw attention from their hairline.
4. M shaped hairline
Men too have a widow’s peak hairline or M shaped hairline in which there is a point in the middle of the forehead. Receding hair from both the sides can be a bit stressful and result into hair loss.
So I hope you got an idea of all kinds of hairlines that are commonly seen amongst the female and male. Hairlines can be like fingerprints and unique. They might be different and not match any of the above hairline types.
That generally happens due to genetics and is normal. Do not worry about it unless you start noticing hair loss near the hairlines. There are a lot of products available to lessen the hair fall mentioned above and will help in the process.