Most women with brown hair and blondes are going crazy about switching their hair to the color pink. The pink color is the new trend as that makes you look cool and crazy for good!
There are many shades of pink to choose from; you can add vibrancy with vibrant pink or look like a queen with rose ombre gold.
However, one concern that is disturbing all is if bleach is a mandate to dye hair pink. The good news is NO!
You don’t have to use bleach always to color your hair pink. In this article, we shall discuss the various ways how you can dye your hair pink without using bleach.
Pink is one of the most fun colors to try and we have ways for you to have perfect pink on your hair.
Remember, what we discuss is mainly related to semi-permanent shades and so these will fade with time. You can extend the life of your pink color and following certain precautions and aftercare.
Another thing you need to remember is that the color pink will be highly visible on those who have light hair shades.
People with dark hair shades won’t get the desired results. To get a bright shade of pink, they may have to rely on the bleaching method.
However, there is no harm in trying the below methods and seeing how it goes on your hair shade.
5 Different Ways to Dye Hair Pink without Bleach
1. Food Color to Dye Hair Pink without using Bleach
Food color is the safest and easiest method to enjoy pink color on your hair.
- ½ Cup Conditioner
- A small mixing bowl
- Pink food color
- A hair dye brush or paintbrush
Step by Step Process
- Take the portion of conditioner in the small bowl
- Pour one or two drops of pink food color
- Mix both ingredients well until they are nicely mixed
- Take the hair dye brush and apply the mixture gently to your hair
- Leave it as it is for 6 hours at a stretch
- Wash the hair with water (DO NOT use shampoo to rinse)
- Pat dry with a towel
If you want the color to stay for long, avoid frequent hair washes.
2. Natural Juices to Dye Hair Pink without using Bleach
Juices are another safe method to try for dyeing hair pink without using bleach. All you need to understand is which juices can give your hair the pink effects.
- Cranberry Juice or
- Beetroot Juice
Step by Step Process:
Cranberry juice or Beetroot juice work just fine to get the pink hair shade. Tomato juice may tend to make it look reddish or brown.
Make sure you don’t buy outside juices that have a high concentration of sugar. You will have to make these at home with either cranberry or beetroot and mix an equal portion of water to color well.
The process is simple to follow:
- Wear an old T-shirt to avoid juice stains
- Pour some cranberry or beetroot juice on the hair
- Keep it wrapped with a towel for the day
- Wash your hair in the evening with normal or lukewarm water
The shade will last for at least a week. These two methods are natural and safe.
3. Toning Shampoo to Dye Hair Pink without using Bleach:
If you wish for a pastel pink shade or a warm shade of pink, bleaching will anyway not help. You would need a toning shampoo.
Hair toning can help you to select the level of white or silver for your hair before you add pink shades on the same.
- Toning shampoo
Fix an appointment with your hair expert to understand the color tone of your hair. It will help you to choose a toning shampoo accordingly.
Toning shampoos come in different strengths. Thus adding the proportions would differ as per the hair tone.
For instance, toning shampoos help you to get rid of the orange tones of your hair making it look more silver or neutral.
Similarly, if your hair has turned yellowish due to excessive coloring or bleaching, you need to use a purple-tinted toning shampoo.
- Wet your hair and apply the shampoo gently. Apply as you generally apply the other shampoo.
- Work on applying from root to tip.
- Leave it on for at least 5 to 10 minutes. Avoid keeping it on for more than 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
- The toner will make your hair look pinkish.
4. Hair Sprays to Dye Hair Pink without Bleach
Hair sprays or hair wax is the quickest method of turning the hair pink. The various shades of pink in Hair Sprays will blow your mind!
These sprays are easy to use and easy to remove too. Most people prefer to use wax colors or air sprays that give them the desirable pink shade temporarily for any occasion.
You need to follow the instructions provided in the manual with the hair spray package.
Semi-permanent hair colors do not need bleaching, thus hair sprays in the pink shade can also be an option. Avoid washing hair too often until you want the color to stay on your hair.
5. Hair colors / Hair Dyes
You can choose different shades of pink to color your hair without using the bleach method.
These are temporary hair colors/dyes that are meant to give you vibrant pink hair tones. Both the colors and dyes can last up to 8 hair washes.
- Hair Brush
- A good brand of hair color
- Hair towel
- Blow dryer
- Prepare the formula as instructed in the guide received in the package.
- Wear old clothing and cover your shoulders properly to avoid contact with the color
- With the support of a hairbrush or comb evenly distribute the dye or style as you desire
- Leave for 15 to 30 minutes max
- Rinse with water and do not shampoo frequently
Aftercare once you dye your hair pink without bleach
1. Use a shampoo that is free of sulfates
Avoid using products that are free of sulfates. That way you can extend the life of the pink shade.
It is because you haven’t bleached for your hair color to stick to the follicles for long and settle down. Moreover, temporary hair colors lose their power with every hair wash.
2. Condition your hair with a good hair mask at least once a week
Choose a color-protecting conditioner. You may also make a deep conditioning hair mask and leave it using a shower cap for 5 to 10 minutes until it is settled.
Rinse your hair with cold water under the shower.
3. Avoid washing more than twice a week
Washing your hair frequently can make you lose your pink shade sooner than you had expected. Thus you need to limit the hair washes and go for hair washes not more than once or twice a week.
If in case your hair tends to look oily after a few days, you can opt for dry shampoo or leave-in conditioner.
4. Avoid hot water hair washes
Hot water and heated styling objects can damage your hair color making it loose soon. You must switch to cold water baths or at least wash your hair with cold water if not the whole body.
Also, make a habit of rinsing underwater for at least 1 minute to sustain the shine and smoothness of the hair.
5. Avoid hair styling tools
Do not be habitual of using too many styling objects such as blow dryers, iron machines, hair steam, etc., The more your hair is exposed to heat, the worse it will be for your lovely pink.
Moreover, curling irons, hair rollers, and flat irons, can also damage the follicles of the hair overall making your hair look dry. Thus, the pink won’t look any good on you.
6. Go for re-touches every 3 to 4 weeks
We did mention in the beginning that going for any method without bleaching will be temporary work.
So you will need to do a retouch every 3 to 4 weeks to enjoy the pink shade for longer. To share a fact, paste pinks still stay longer than other semi-permanent pink dyes.
7. Choose good quality products only
Always choose good quality products and avoid any experiments with your hair. You are doing all that you could to look good and so choosing low-quality products won’t be a wise thing to do.
Temporary hair colors work best when you have to choose shades like bright pink. It is because not every professional may appreciate loud colors. Thus you can try these and wash them away anytime you wish. Hope you found the article informative. Feel free to reach out to us for any comments you may have.