Nobody would deny carrying beautiful voluminous hair but not everyone is privileged with one. Some of us, unfortunately, have to go through a lot to get such hair quality and texture.
For people with extremely frizzy hair, it is indeed a hard nut to crack. However, various remedies have been introduced to get of this problem.
What is Curly Frizzy Hair?
Curly Frizzy hair is hair with short strands that stick up and project away from the body of the hair. It is not like a natural beautiful curl but appears more like hair with irregular texture, strands standing up independently. Such kind of hair is usually categorized as rough and damaged hair.
There are various causes of frizzy hair like genetics. Inheriting frizz can be a reason. Other causes include damage, humidity and so more.
In case of damage, the chipping of the hair cuticle takes place. It may be due to harsh brushing. The remedy to this problem is conditioning, trimming and getting hot oil treatments.
Humidity also results in frizz. Due to the excessive moisture, the shaft of the hair penetrates. The protein present in the hair shaft is said to swell up thus resulting in bends and twists.
Challenges with Frizzy Curly Hair
People having frizzy curly hair have to undergo various problems in their day-to-day lives. They are compelled to spend a lot of money on getting their hair done for occasions.
Getting hair spas, smoothening and straightening etc.,. Not only these but there also are other usual troubles too that people with such hair have to come across.
Some of these problems are listed below:
- It takes a lot of time to style such hair: Indeed, efforts are required to manage such hair. While it has been brushed and styled now, a few minutes later it is found to be reinstated. This becomes a problem for people who are supposed to go out on a daily basis. A lot of time is consumed in styling their hair.
- A lot of conditioning: Undoubtedly, frizzy hair craves conditioning. Moisturizing is an indispensable requisite for it. Regular conditioning requires time and effort.
- Dependency on hairsprays: hairsprays are to be used to get the hair in control. Various serums and gels have to be taken help of in order to get the hair on the right track and avoid a non-worthy appearance.
- Heating: Heating treatments are the ones that, though for a short period of time, yet, keep the hair under one’s control. People with such hair texture are advised to avoid heating treatments which is one of the reasons why they cannot take a lot of help from straighteners and undergo smoothening.
- Loads of products: Several hair products have to be used almost every day so that one can eventually step out with confidence.
How to Control Frizzy Curly Hair
Though there are no fewer chemical treatments that can be availed of in order to get rid of the frizz yet not everyone is able to receive those. There are certain precautions for people with Frizzy curly hair to follow which will definitely lead to positive ramifications.
It may or may not be able to contribute to the elimination of frizz from one’s hair but can help reduce them to a great extent.
- Conditioning: Conditioning is what frizz owners must never even think of as an option. It’s rather a requisite for them. Every wash must be followed by a conditioner. Frizzy hair is already dry in nature. Shampooing them contributes to more dryness. Conditioning provides the hair with the necessary moisturization and helps the hair restore the necessary oil and protein lost through washing.
- Say ‘ No’ to harsh and sulfate shampoos: The choice of shampoo is one of the most prominent decisions to be taken. It plays a vital role in the quality of one’s hair. Before making the choice of shampoos, one should not forget to take into consideration, the texture of one’s hair.
- Microfiber towels: The fabric of the towel used to dry off the hair has a significant role to play in hair quality. Certain towels tend to roughen the hair quality resulting in damage and more frizz. Microfiber towels have the ability to sustain the safety of the hair.
- Heat protectant spray: It would be surely difficult for certain people to stay away from all heating treatments. Everyone prefers to have the kind of hair according to the occasion. But heating is one sure thing that assures damage to the hair follicles to a great extent. Therefore, before getting such treatments, one must make sure to use heat-protectant sprays.
- Oil: The dry and frizzy hair is always in need of adequate oil and a regular oil massage to keep away the dryness. Oil can help moisturize hair hence fulfilling the nutrient needs of the hair and providing the hair with necessary nourishment.
- Pillowcase: Silk pillowcase is said to be the ideal one for people with frizzy hair. Silk is said to maintain the necessary oil in the hair. Other fabrics like cotton result in roughening of the hair causing a lot of tangles and losing required oil from the hair.
- Hair Mask: Once or twice a week, a hair mask must be used to avoid frizz. It provides deep conditioning and keeps the hair soft and moisturized. Especially in times of cold weather, the mask must be made a compulsion.
- Precautions before workout: Workout results in a lot of sweat which causes the hair to lose its quality and texture. The amount of salt existing in the sweat causes harmful effects on the hair. Therefore, one must not forget to take the help of a leave-in conditioner before the workout.
Tips for Curly Frizzy hair
We understand the difficulty to maintain curly frizzy hair and sometimes it is very frustrating. Here are a few important tips for frizzy curly hair people.
- Timely haircut: A haircut is very essential for hair growth and health. Also, the haircut helps in getting rid of split ends and other damaged parts of the hair. Therefore, people with curly frizzy hair must make sure to get proper trimming and cutting.
- Conditioning: As stated above, conditioning is no less than medicine for frizz. For people with frizz, it is indeed prominent to get adequate conditioning timely.
- Use of microfiber towels: Unlike other towels, microfiber towels do not cause unnecessary hair loss. Therefore, one should avoid the usage of other fabrics that may result in breakage and damage to the hair.
- Avoid Terry cloth towels: Terry cloth towels result in breakage of the hair. As a consequence of using such fabric, the hair becomes fragile.
- Anti-humectants: The use of anti-humectants must be done in order to prevent hair from absorbing humidity. This will further lead to frizz-free hair.
- Wide-toothed comb: Wide-toothed comb must be used for combing hair. Brushes must be avoided as these will lead to frizz.
- Usage of pomades: Pomades have the ability to control frizz. It has a humidity-repelling quality. Using pomades once a day may serve as a worthy remedy to frizz.
- Avoid touching hair all the time: One must try to avoid contact with hair all the time. Not every time, our hands are freshly sanitized. There is no point in making the hair dirtier this way.
- Avoid washing every day: One must not shampoo every day. This will only cause dryness and losing necessary nourishment.
- Pillowcase: Switching to a satin pillowcase must be one of the major steps taken by people with frizzy hair.
- Avoid heating: Heating tools for hair like hair straighteners, curlers or dryers must be avoided to a great extent as these result in damage which may further result in frizz.
Best Hairstyles for Curly Frizzy Hair
For people with curly frizzy hair, it’s quite difficult to style. It takes a lot of time to get their hair done. Some of the hairstyles for women with such hair texture are as follows:
1. Shaggy layers along with shaggy bangs:
This hairstyle is a short shag haircut. With the texturized curly appearance, it consists of a lot of many layers.
2. Drastic layers on beachy waves:
Drastic layers are ideal for long hair with waves. These layers are staggered and provide more body and bounce to the waves.
3. Layered super long Bob on kinky curls:
Super Bob can be perfect for those who find it difficult to carry long hair. It is an easy style to carry.
4. Layered Bob and bangs on kinky curls:
This hairstyle provides volume to the kinky curls. It is like a short-layered Bob.
5. Uneven layers on tightly coiled hair:
This consists of an uneven layer with tightly coiled hair. It is ideal for women with long hair and gives them a carefree appearance.
6. Shoulder length layers on low curls:
This one is more straight on top and curly at the bottom. This layered cut looks elegant and stunning.
7. Long even layers on texturized curls:
This is more suitable for fast lane women. It produces more wildly appearance.
How to Style Curly Frizzy Hair Men
Following hairstyles can be followed by men with curly frizzy hair:
- Short curly hair in smooth waves: For men with frizzy curly hair, this hairstyle can be a great one. The hair is cut short and accompanied by short wavy curls.
- Drop fade plus textured curls: This hairstyle can be used for both casual and formal purposes. It is followed by a faded hairline.
- Short sides plus curly textures: With short hair on the sides along with curls, this hairstyle gives body and movement to the hair.
- Medium-length curls plus mid-skin fade: This is one with extra curls on the top of the head. It is usually followed by a fade.
- Clean skin fade plus short curls: This one is quite easy to have and has got a lot of curls.
- Short curly hair plus high fade accompanied by fringes: This hairstyle accumulates length above the head along with layering.
Best products for Curly Frizzy Hair
There are various products available to get rid of frizz and curls and provide necessary enrichment and nourishment to the hair. Some of these products are as follows:
Best Shampoo for Frizzy Curly hair:
Some of the shampoos available for Curly Frizzy hair are as follows:
Best conditioner for Curly Frizzy hair:
Conditioners available as a remedy to curly frizzy hair are as follows:
Hair mask for Curly Frizzy hair
If one has curly frizzy hair, using a hair mask once a week is going to be a great idea. Various hair masks are available to get an anti-frizz and the hair of one’s choice some of which are as follows:
|Arvazallia Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner for Dry or Damaged Hair - 8.45 Oz||Check Price On Amazon|
Home Remedies for Curly Frizzy Hair
Home remedies are undoubtedly the best remedies. Not only because of the comfort but also because these kitchen things hardly possess any side effects. There are excellent homemade remedies for avoiding frizz with just a little investment. Some of these remedies are as follows:
- Avocado and yogurt: For this, one avocado and yogurt are required. The avocado must be cut and mashed. A smooth paste out of it has to be made and then applied to the hair. After waiting for 40-45 minutes, it should be washed. Applying this mixture once a week is extremely effective as avocado is rich in vitamin B nourishes hair and controls frizz.
- Milk: One-third cup of milk is required for this. Coconut milk will be preferred however any milk will do. It can be followed with either banana or strawberries as per choice. The mixture can be stored in a can or a bottle. Using a wide-toothed comb, the hair must be untangled after applying the spray. Let the spray spend some time on your hair and get it washed after twenty-five to thirty minutes.
- Almond oil along with egg: One-fourth cup of almond oil along with one egg must be mixed and applied to the hair. After waiting for 40 minutes, the hair must be rinsed with a shampoo lacking sulfates. This mixture can be made use of once a week. It acts as a natural hair emollient and conditions the hair.
- Coconut oil and vitamin E: One part of vitamin E oil is mixed with 4 parts of organic coconut oil. Depending upon the length of one’s hair, the quantity of oil must be taken. The mixture must be applied once or twice a week for the best results. Vitamin E is said to prevent damage and is rich in antioxidants.
- Mayonnaise: For this remedy, one-fourth cup mayonnaise along with an egg and one-third cup pure almond oil is required. Mix the oil and mayonnaise and apply it evenly to the hair. It must be left for 20 minutes and then rinsed with a mild shampoo.
- Banana: Banana hair masks are believed to be one of the best masks to get rid of frizz and gain smooth and healthy hair. A paste of banana must be made along with honey and coconut oil. The mixture must be applied to the hair. After resting for 25-30 minutes, hair must be rinsed with shampoo and conditioner.
- Honey and lemon: Honey and lemon can be excellent for hair. Honey brings smoothness to the hair and lemon exfoliated dandruff and reduces frizz giving life to the hair. The mixture of honey and lemon must be applied to the hair. After a period of ten to fifteen minutes, it must be washed with mild shampoo and conditioner.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar can be either used with water or egg. It is effective for managing curly and frizzy hair. According to the length of the hair, the quantity of Apple cider vinegar must be taken and mixed with water of the same quantity. The hair must be thoroughly washed with shampoo. Thereafter, the mixture must be applied to the hair and after letting it sit for around twenty minutes, it must be rinsed with water.
Due to the introduction of so many hair treatment techniques as well as nourishing oils and shampoos, it is not that difficult to deal with hair issues nowadays. Also, homemade remedies have contributed a lot to the repair of damages to a great extent.
Taking into consideration these benefits, one is not required to be worried about one’s frizz and dryness anymore. With a little investment in one’s hair, one can have hair that can truly be the owner’s pride and neighbor’s envy.