Virgin hair is natural and untouched hair free of dyes, bleaches or even highlights. Such hair has never been chemically processed or color-treated. In this case, choosing the suitable flat iron for heat styling virgin hair becomes really important.
Though undamaged, virgin hair still requires care. Whether you are a fan of virgin hair extensions or you rock natural virgin hair yourself, you need to be extra careful while finding the best flat iron that suits your hair type.
A good flat iron protects your virgin hair by reducing heat damage and maintains overall hair health by keeping it smooth and shiny.
In this detailed guide, we are going to discuss everything you need to know about choosing the best flat iron for your virgin hair along with some great recommendations.
Table of Contents
- 1 List of 5 Flat Irons for Virgin Hair from Top 5 Popular Brands
- 2 Guide to Select the Best Flat Iron for Virgin Hair
- 3 Top 5 Flat Irons for Virgin Hair from Popular Brands
- 3.1 1. HSI Professional Glider [Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron Hair Straightener]
- 3.2 2. Conair Double Ceramic Flat Iron, 1 Inch, White/Rose Gold
- 3.3 3. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Prima Ionic Straightener
- 3.4 4. REVLON Perfect Straight Smooth Brilliance Ceramic Flat Iron
- 3.5 5. INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron
- 4 Comparison of above listed Flat Irons for Virgin Hair
List of 5 Flat Irons for Virgin Hair from Top 5 Popular Brands
Guide to Select the Best Flat Iron for Virgin Hair
1. Keep it under control with temperature control settings
Give your virgin hair some love by choosing a flat iron with a temperature control setting. Exposure to high heat leads to breakage and takes away all of your virgin hair’s natural shine.
Having a flat iron with temperature control settings gives you the freedom to choose the lowest heat setting. This ensures your virgin hair is not deep-fried while straightening or creating curls.
Depending on your hair type, try to keep the temperature somewhere around 300° F but not as high or more than 450° F. Plus, using a heat protectant before heats styling virgin hair will double the protection.
2. Let the plate size work in your favor
Like all other hair types, the virgin hair needs to be protected from heat to maintain its health and shine. Straightening or heat styling virgin hair can cause some irreversible damage. Here, choosing the accurate plate size can be your savior.
Having the correct plate size in your hands means reduced numbers of sliding the flat iron again and again over the same hair strands. It also means not having to straight your hair with a flat iron and reach out to a curler for creating curls.
Instead, the correct plate size can help you to create curls, waves and straight hairstyles with the same tool.
Hence, it’s always advised to choose a slim plate size of 1 – 1 ½ inches to create different styles and perfectly straighten all of your hair stands with the same flat iron.
3. It’s all about the correct plate material
Choose from the following plate materials before considering the perfect flat iron for your virgin hair.
Ceramic Plates are a popular choice for providing even heat distribution without any heat spots. These smooth plates are meant for fine, thin and straight hair but ceramic flat irons of certain high-end brands (like mentioned in the article) work wonders even for curly, coarse and textured hair.
Ceramic Flat Irons are designed to transform unruly hair and make it smooth and silkier at lower temperatures.
Such flat irons are the perfect choice for virgin hair as the ceramic plates don’t reach extremely high temperatures, thus saving your natural hair strands from breakage and heat damage.
Titanium Plates are the hottest plates you can get in a Flat Iron. These plates literally take only a few seconds to heat up and give you pin-straight hair results in minutes. They can hold very high heat consistently and transform the look of your virgin hair.
Titanium plates are mostly solid. This makes it rust and tarnish-resistant. Such plates also last longer which justifies their higher prices compared to ceramic and titanium plates. It is best suited for thick, textured, coarse, curly and coily hair. However, it is not ideal for fine virgin hair.
Tourmaline Plates are designed to produce negative ions which seals virgin hair’s moisture and give intensely smooth and glossy results.
Frizz is a common problem experienced by virgin hair beauties and virgin hair extensions. Using a tourmaline flat iron helps to fight frizz and give you the smooth finish you always wanted.
The ionic effect of tourmaline plates makes heat styling easier with lesser glides and gives quicker results which is a must sought quality to look for while searching an appropriate flat iron for virgin hair.
However, these plates are made of ground gemstones and can wear off with time so choose accordingly.
4. Make sure your flat iron works worldwide
Virgin hair is loved by all worldwide. Hence, choose a flat iron with dual voltage to make sure you can straighten your virgin hair wherever you go.
5. Choose value over price
It’s easy to fall for extra cheap prices and offers. But make it a rule to choose quality over price while buying you a flat iron for virgin hair.
A cheap quality flat iron can snag your virgin hair, damage it and offer uneven heat distribution. On the other hand, a good quality flat iron will regulate heat, prevent damage and maintain your virgin hair’s quality.
Top 5 Flat Irons for Virgin Hair from Popular Brands
1. HSI Professional Glider [Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron Hair Straightener]
It’s time to create trendy styles with HSI Professional Flat Iron. Its smooth floating plates help you to create waves, straighten and curl your virgin hair with style. The tourmaline-infused ceramic plates fight frizz and make virgin hair shine as if you are just out of the salon.
Also, straightening or curling virgin hair with a single piece of flat iron within minutes is now possible.
The HeatBalance technology with 8 micro-sensors generates and provides even heat distribution while constantly regulating the temperature so you take the least amount of time to achieve your sleek and straight look.
The Ionic and HeatBalance technology combined also prevents hair damage and helps to keep virgin hair healthy. The temperature control setting further protects from heat damage and gives you the freedom to choose between temperatures within 140° F to 450° F.
- You get a range of products with the HSI Professional Flat Iron. The entire package includes a professional flat iron, silk pouch, heat-resistant gloves, argan oil hair treatment and a special HSI guide with tips and steps to style hair.
- With its 110/220 dual voltage, you can take and use the flat iron in almost any part of the world.
- You have to be mindful while using the flat iron as it lacks an auto off system.
2. Conair Double Ceramic Flat Iron, 1 Inch, White/Rose Gold
Let’s double the smoothness of your virgin tresses with the double ceramic plates of Conair Double Ceramic Flat Irons.
The higher ceramic content makes the flat iron immensely gentle on virgin hair along with amplifying the results of even heat distribution. This results in fast styling which lasts and shines longer.
Conair Double Ceramic Flat Iron gives you the comfort of 5 different heat settings – 266° F, 302° F, 338° F, 374° F and 410° F. All of these heat settings can be operated and moderated with the LED digital heat settings which improve convenience and style to your vanity table.
Depending upon your adjustment, the flat iron reaches the highest temperature of 410° F within 30 seconds and enriches your heat styling process with a uniform heat recovery setting.
The double ceramic plates also ensure zero hot spots. The floating plates reach each of your virgin hair strands and eliminate the need of holding the flat iron tightly reducing hand fatigue.
- The floating plates are extra long with 1 inch width and 4.5 inches length. This means being done with your
- The flat iron can be successfully stored in a clamped position for better storage while the handle lock ensures its safety.
- This isn’t a dual voltage flat iron which means it restricts worldwide usage.
3. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Prima Ionic Straightener
Get ready for extensive heat transfer with the aircraft-grade warp-resistant titanium plates of the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Prima Ionic Flat Iron.
Unlike other flat irons, the titanium plates of this flat iron reach up to the high heat of 465° F to tame and style the roughest and most resistant hair types.
The IonMultiplier Technology works wonders to smoothen and condition virgin hair to tame frizz and give you shiny heat styling results like never before.
Those with extra thick and resistant hair types are going to love this flat iron as it heats up very quickly and holds the same temperature during the entire heat styling process.
Along with IonMultiplier Technology, the hair styling tool also has dual ceramic heating system which protects hair from frizz and damage. One can also create styles like pin straight hair, beach waves and ribbon curls with it.
- BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Prima Ionic Flat Iron is a trusted product with 4 year manufacturer warranty.
- The 1 inch wide floating plates are also perfect for creating bangs and style the trendy short hair cuts of virgin hair beauties.
- The flat iron gets extremely heated up really fast which makes it unsuitable for fine virgin hair.
4. REVLON Perfect Straight Smooth Brilliance Ceramic Flat Iron
REVLON Perfect Straight Smooth Brilliance Ceramic Flat Iron has extra-long plates for a larger hair styling surface and is extremely lightweight with a slim profile.
The 1 inch wide long plates make the flat iron look sleek and classy while also allowing you to create bangs and style shorter hair strands.
The Advanced Ionic Tourmaline 3X Ceramic Coating is the perfect choice for virgin hair as it protects fine natural hair strands, smoothly styles it and gives you glossy straight hair without snagging.
The superiorly designed round plates leave no creases while creating smooth hairstyles like beach waves and loose curls.
The 10 different customizable heat settings with super fast 15 seconds heating feature is a show stealer. Be sure of the heat setting you have chosen by having a look at the color-coded LED heat settings. The lowest hear setting is 285° F and can be adjusted up to 455° F level of high heat.
- The XL True-Grip Smooth Glide floating plates leaves no gaps or heat spots.
- It comes with a handy plate-locking switch to secure the flat iron and store it conveniently when not in use.
- As it heats quickly, the flat iron needs to be set up at a low temperature to protect virgin hair.
5. INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron
Style your natural virgin hair and virgin hair extensions effortlessly with INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron and its wide range of 30 variable heat settings to have total control over your heat styling process.
The ceramic coated plates are efficient both in reaching the high heat of 455° F and offering the lowest heat to care for your virgin hair.
The solid tourmaline plates are coated with ceramic famous for providing smooth and silky hair. The plate length is 5 inches which reduces the long minutes required for heat styling.
The extra-long yet sleek plates also provide the convenience to straighten and curl virgin hair in whichever way you want.
With INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron, you need only a few passes to get the satiny look with no snagging. Enjoy stress-free heat styling with its auto-off system which automatically switches off the tool after usage.
- The time taken for the flat iron to heat up is super fast and takes only 15 seconds to heat up.
- The Tourmaline Ceramic technology provides long lasting humidity protection.
- Only the maximum temperature is mentioned in the manual.
Comparison of above listed Flat Irons for Virgin Hair
|HSI Professional Glider Flat Iron||Conair Double Ceramic Flat Iron||BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Prima Ionic Flat Iron||REVLON Perfect Straight Smooth Brilliance Ceramic Flat Iron||INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron|
|Plate Material||Ceramic||Ceramic||Titanium||Ionic tourmaline and 3x ceramic coating||Tourmaline coated with ceramic|
|Plate width||1 inch||1 inch||1 inch||1 inch||1 inch|
|Adjustable Heat Setting||140F – 450F||266F-410F||Adjustable heat settings up to 440F||285F-455F||30 adjustable heat settings up to 455F|
|Heating time||30 seconds||30 seconds||30 seconds||15 seconds||15 seconds|
|Auto Off Feature||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
Virgin hair is fresh and untouched. Typically, it’s a dream for those with chemically processed, dull and damaged hair. Hence, you need to be extra careful while exposing your beautiful and healthy hair strands to heat.
A flat iron can make or break the deal for you. Invest in a good flat iron that is gentle and effective for styling your hair type and flaunt healthy, shiny and voluminous tresses forever!