Whether you are a professional swimmer or just a recreational swimmer longing to dive into a body of water to escape the summer heat, swimming is always an enjoyable and liberating activity.
However, when you are out of the pool, you often have tangled hair to deal with. Sometimes, the tresses might get so tangled after swimming that you might want to put in scissors and give yourself a haircut that would likely end up disastrous.
While persons with natural hair should be worried about tangles, people with chemically treated hair with long strands are even more prone to tangling after swimming.
Let’s face it; detangling your hair is often painful, especially when you are doing it without help. However, detangling your hair doesn’t always have to be a painful process if you have the right products and tools.
With the best hair care tips and products for detangling wet matted hair, swimming will no longer be a daunting task for you.
Read on as we find out why your hair detangles after swimming and how to detangle matted hair.
Swimmers Hair Care : Best Detangler after Swimming
If you are in hurry, we recommend you to go for Malibu C: Hydrating and Detangling Leave-In Conditioner Mist as best detangler for your hair after swimming.
Also, it is highly recommended to use Malibu C Swimmers Wellness Shampoo & Conditioner Liter Duo Set along with Malibu detangler as this combination works great and will give you amazing results on your hair after swimming.
Why is my hair so tangled after swimming?
When swimming, the friction between the water and the cuticles of your hair is the first cause of hair tangles and matting.
In cases where the outer layer of your hair is damaged and opens up, the cuticles wrap into each other and become intertwined to form tangles or knots as you swim.
Also, the chlorine build-up in swimming pool water especially affects long, fine hair and tangles it.
Inadequate pre-swimming hair care is also a cause of tangled hair from swimming. Most persons don’t know that there is a preventive measure to prevent your hair from tangling.
This measure includes detangling the hair before swimming, getting the hair wet with fresh water before swimming. The presence of freshwater reduces the effects of chlorine on the hair.
You can also use a pre-swim leave-in conditioner to protect your hair, put it in braids, tie your hair up, or cover your hair with a swimming cap before swimming.
If you swim with your hair open or have already experienced hair damage, let us go on to talk about how to detangle your hair after swimming.
How to Detangle Hair After Swimming
Immediately you get out of the swimming pool, the first thing to do is to wring your hair dry or pat it with your towel. Many persons make the mistake of rubbing their pool-wet hair with a towel, but that will only cause more tangles.
After wringing or patting your hair slightly dry, you can take the next steps which include using a shampoo and conditioner, hair comb, and a detangler.
There are several detangling options for your post-swim hair, and we will explore all of them before talking about the best option.
1. Conditioners to Detangle the Hair After Swimming
Conditionals contain several components that help with detangling knotted hair. Apply conditioner at the tips of your wet hair and approach the roots, while avoiding your scalp.
Leave the conditioner on your hair for 5 minutes and then use a wide teeth comb to detangle your hair. Rinse off the conditioner once your hair is detangled, or leave it if you purchased a leave-in conditioner.
2. Mineral Oils to Detangle the Hair After Swimming
Mineral oils are effective for detangling post-swimming hair. Mineral oil acts like an antistatic that removes the knots and tangles. You need to condition your hair before applying mineral oil as excess residue on the hair hinders the mineral oil from removing tangles.
3. Use a Detangling Hair Spray
So far, the best, quickest, and most recommended method of detangling matted hair is using a good detangler.
A detangling hair spray helps you reduce the tension between your hair strands while detangling. It is a quick fix immediately after swimming because it can help you to detangle all your strands in no time.
The process of detangling your hair with a detangler spray is quick and easy. You simply need a wide-tooth comb and a detangler spray.
Steps to Detangle your Hair After Swimming
Below are the steps and processes you can follow to detangle your post-swimming hair.
1. Spritz on the detangling gel
Purchase the best hair-detangling spray and spritz it throughout your hair. The Malibu C: Hydrating and Detangling Leave-In Conditioner Mist is one of the best detangling sprays for tangled hair after swimming. It is perfect for all hair types and detangles your hair in a few minutes.
2. Comb hair using a wide-tooth comb
A wide-tooth comb is the best option for detangling your hair after swimming. Use a wide-tooth comb to brush your strands slowly and gently to avoid hair breakage.
If you have natural hair or curly strands, section your hair instead of detangling it right away. Divide your hair into at least four or at most eight sections using a tail comb. Spritz the detangler section by section, and comb them out using the wide-tooth comb.
3. Repeat the above steps
If you still have a difficult time detangling your knots, add more detangler and repeat the combing until you untie all the knots.
What is the Best detangler for pool hair?
Several detanglers are effective for post-swimming hair, but the best detangler for your hair is Malibu C: Hydrating and Detangling Leave-In Conditioner Mist.
- Leave In Conditioner Spray for Enhanced Thermal & UV Protection - Reveal natural shine & added softness with this detangling conditioner, a perfect detangler spray for women who are exposed to sunlight or pool water frequently
- Sulfate-Free Hair Detangler Spray with Key Wellness Ingredients - This leave in conditioner for dry damaged hair is infused with citric acid & limonene, both powerful antioxidant absorbents that improve the scalp & hair appearance
- Pool Hair Protection & Sun Hair Protection Spray - This detangling spray is a swimmer hair care essential, as it helps prevent color fading and protects against oxidative damage caused by pool or sun exposure. A hair leave in conditioner that works as a chlorine hair protectant & conditioner for frizz at the same time!
- How to Use Leave In Conditioner for Frizzy Hair - Spritz your hair moisturizer into wet or towel-dried hair. For added protection against the effects of pool or ocean water, spritz leave in hair conditioner before swimming
- Vegan Leave In Hair Treatment - Make your hair glow with before & after pool hair care products like this spray leave in conditioner for chlorine damaged hair. Malibu C is 100% vegan, eco-friendly, cruelty-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free & plant-based
This detangling leave-in conditioner mist is a dual-action hair detangler that protects and repairs tangled, brittle, and dry hair.
The Malibu C: Hydrating and Detangling Leave-In Conditioner Mist is color-safe and protects your hair against thermal damage, UV, chlorine, and hard water.
It is a softly scented styling gel that is famous for exceptionally easy comb-through and shining effects.
Features and Benefits of Malibu C: Hydrating and Detangling Leave-In Conditioner Mist.
1. Color Protection
The Antioxidizing vitamins protect your hair against damage from environmental irritants, hard pool water, chlorine, and heated styling.
It also preserves artificial-colored hair without fading. So, you can detangle your hair and keep it bold and bright when you use the Malibu C: Hydrating and Detangling Leave-In Conditioner Mist.
2. Perfect Detangler for Soft and Silky Hair
The Malibu C: Hydrating and Detangling Leave-In Conditioner Mist contain plant-based proteins that deeply penetrate your hair, hydrate, and detangle it immediately after application.
Whether you are a professional or recreational swimmer, you can infuse vital moisture and tame tangled, frizzy knots to prevent dry and broken hair. It restores your hair’s natural shine and softness, unlike any hair-detangling product.
3. Nourishment and Protection
The Malibu C: Hydrating and Detangling Leave-In Conditioner Mist nourishes and protects every strand of your hair with its sulfate-free ingredients.
The gluten-free proteins in this mist also strengthen weak from within and leave your hair looking and feeling stronger than ever before.
Best way to take care of Hair after Swimming
The Malibu C: Hydrating and Detangling Leave-In Conditioner Mist works best for your post-swimming hair while it is still wet.
For the best results, the Malibu detangler works great with the Malibu C Swimmers Wellness Shampoo & Conditioner Liter Duo Set for detangling swimmers’ hair.
Malibu shampoo and conditioner is excellent for washing off the chlorine and hard water from your hair before the detangler does its job.
Steps you can follow to take care of your hair after swimming
- Start by shampooing your hair with the Malibu C Swimmers Wellness Shampoo & Conditioner Liter Duo Set to wash off the hard water, and then pat your hair dry with a towel or wring.
- Spritz a little amount of Malibu C: Hydrating and Detangling Leave-In Conditioner Mist into your wet or towel-dried hair and apply it gently. Put 3 to 4 sprays on your hand and work it through your hair. This mist is very effective, so it would be a waste to apply too much of the product to your hair.
- Leave it to sit for a few minutes and comb through your hair with a wide comb.
- If you have very thick or tangled hair, you might need to repeat this process before seeing the desired result.
It is essential to get the combination because the two-in-one shampoo and conditioner will reduce the damage, eliminate discoloration, tame your tangles and improve manageability, making it easier for the detangler to work perfectly and in no time.
Who says you must dread swimming or struggle with your post-swim hair in pain and agony? With the combination of the Malibu C Swimmers Wellness Shampoo and the Malibu C: Hydrating and Detangling Leave-In Conditioner Mist, tangled hair will become a thing of the past for you.
You can enjoy long hours of swimming, knowing that your favorite detangler is around to repair and rejuvenate your hair!