Flat iron is the first thing that comes to our mind when we think about straightening our hair. Straightening requires the right styling tools and the most essential is a suitable flat iron.
The priority feature remains the material of the plates for no matter what flat iron we choose. It is always a dilemma whether we should go for ceramic plates or titanium coated plates. Both have their own pros and cons.
To end the confusion for one and for all, we decided to bring forward the possible differences between the two and present you with all the information.
What is a ceramic flat iron?
Ceramic flat irons are the ones whose plates are made of an inorganic, non metallic substance called ceramic. The reason they are used in flat irons is because they evenly distribute the heat across the hair. It also ensures that there are no cold or overheated spots and the potential of damaging your hair due to heat is also decreased.
Ceramic flat irons are easily available and are more popular than the titanium flat irons. They come in varied price range and come with a lot of varieties. They come with different variations also like with tourmaline coatings and other metal coatings.
What is a Titanium Flat Iron?
This version of plate materials is less popular but way better in terms of heating capacity. Compared to the ceramic plates, titanium plates heat up very fast. It is a low density and light weight metal which is lustrous and offers very high temperature stability. While heating fast, they also distribute the heat evenly throughout the surface.
Titanium flat irons are also known to add ions to the hair which reduce the frizz and flyaways and make the hair more sleek and straight. They relatively take lesser time for straightening than the usual flat irons.
Ceramic Vs Titanium Flat Iron [Comparison]
|Ceramic flat Iron||Titanium flat Iron|
|It heats up hair evenly in all directions giving better styling and doesn’t damage hair that is done by normal flat irons.||It heats up the plates very fast thus making the process of straightening faster.|
|They do not develop uneven hotspots thus providing less heat damage.||They give immediate and superior results of straightening regardless of the condition your hair is in.|
|It is preferred for home usage as they give a high performance at a low fraction of cost. They have a long shelf life.||It is recommended for heavy salon usage and less daily usage. It is quite reliable and lasts for a long time. They are quite expensive and generally do not come under the affordable ranges.|
|People who have thin and damaged hair should go for ceramic flat irons||People having dense or coarse hair should opt for titanium flat irons|
|They are even coated with tourmaline to give even better results.||Similarly, Titanium can be mixed with ceramic as well as tourmaline.|
|You need heat protectant if you are working with higher temperature ranges||You need not use protectant but when working with higher temperatures, one should be careful about not burning the tresses.|
|Ceramic Flat Irons are more suitable for Fine Hair and Natural Hair.||Suitable for Thick and Coarse hair type as it needs more heat.|
When is it best to use Ceramic Flat Iron and Why?
So, why are ceramic flat irons all over the market and so affordable? There are a lot of reasons why this is the case with ceramic plate materials and the type of hair they can be used with.
- It can be used on damaged and dry hair as It helps you in keeping the hair healthy and you can easily straighten the hair even in low temperatures due to even distribution of heat in ceramic flat plates.
- If your hair has a problem of being frizzy and you experience static on a daily basis, then this flat iron is for you!
- When you are in a hurry and your hair needs a makeover , Normal flat irons take a considerable amount of time in heating up thus reducing the process time but ceramic flat irons reduce the heating time to give faster results
- For curly hair, the problem of tangling continuously persists and thus ceramic hair straighteners are the best in such case as they reduce tangles.
- For Natural hair or Fine hair, Ceramic flat irons are most preferred option.
Top 5 Ceramic Flat Irons
When is it best to use Titanium Flat Iron and Why?
If we compare the metals and their power then titanium will certainly win over ceramic and tourmaline. Women having curly and dense hair or stubborn tresses which refuse to get straightened.
- Titanium is generally used for hair which has been damaged to a very high level and needs extra care and attention. It is more powerful than other materials like ceramic and tourmaline
- It helps in taming hard curly hair and coarse or thick strands of wavy hair without the application of hair products and very little heat.
- Curly hair usually takes a lot of time to get straightened thus the titanium irons heat up faster than usual flat irons and makes the whole process of styling faster and quicker.
- The hair which is very dull and needs repair needs titanium flat iron. They add more number of ions to the hair for shiny and silky results. This is the main advantage of titanium over other flat irons.
- Due to the higher heating feature, Titanium flat irons are preferred option for Thick and Coarse Hair.