Top 15 Best Hair Clippers for Men to Style Hair and Beard
The first handheld hair clipper was invented in the 19th century and later, Leo J. Wahl revolutionized the barbering industry by coming up with an electric hair clipper, and this is where the hair clipper’s journey began.
The concept of No Shave November has given everybody ideas of growing their perfect beards for men. People have started cutting their own hair to escape from paying long bills at the salons. It becomes even more difficult for men as they need to trim more often.
In times like these, the much-needed tool everyone looks for is a hair clipper. Now, selecting one can be tricky and confusing.
There is a sea of brands out there. But how do you catch the best fish?
Your search for that perfect hair clipper ends here. Read on to find out.
Different types of hair clippers
Clippers are differentiated on the basis of their mechanism:
- Manual hair clippers have been in the market since the 1850’s and cut hair as close as possible to the skin. They were happily under the spotlight until someone decided to add an electric motor to it.
- Electrical hair clippers do the task quite effortlessly. They have blades attached oscillate side to side because of the motor. There are various kinds of electrical clippers available in the market.
- Rotary Electric hair clippers : These types of clippers are known to work the best in terms of power. As the speed is distributed equally between the blades and the power, this superior property makes it a versatile clipper.
- Magnetic Clippers : They are best known for their affordability. Their motor comprises of spring along with an electromagnet which moves the blades back and forth. They produce a lot less sound than normal clippers and cut a good amount of volume at the same time. People prefer them over other clippers for its speed and low maintenance.
- Pivot clippers : The cutting speed is slower than the others but it cuts twice the amount of hair. It can even be used with wet hair and helps in giving that smooth finish everyone desires for.
Top 5 best professional hair clippers
To get the best hair trimming experience, you need to choose the best.
Here are top picks for professional barbers and beauty salons:
Let us review each of the above mentioned professional hair clipper in detail
1. Wahl Professional 5-Star Series Lithium-Ion Cord/Cordless Detailer
Wahl Beard trimmers are one of kind trimmers. They are famous for giving a precise smooth finish and are available in various comb lengths and sizes. This model should be your top priority while deciding to buy a clipper.
- This one is ideal for professional use as it charges in less than 45 mins
- Comes with a lithium charged battery and is first of its kind
- Whats better than cordless!
- Can also be run using a cord. Both the features have been included to cover all kinds of salons.
- The design is elegant and very premium, allowing luxurious salons to install it.
- Additional features include 3 trimming guides, recharging transformer, pre shave brush, oil, cleaning brush etc.,
2. Remington HC-80 Precision 22 Piece Corded Haircut Kit
This 22 piece kit is one stop solution for all trimming needs. With motor as powerful as capable of 7200 cuts per minute, your search for the perfect hair grooming kit ends here.
- This particular clipper is easy to handle and is very comfortable to hold.
- Its rubberized grips make it portable and easy to carry.
- Produced with high standards, it can be used for a longer time due to its stainless steel blades.
- Equipped with rigid plastic combs and a quiet motor, it is preferred over other clippers for quality.
- 8 meter long cord for ease in posture and a carrying bag make it the best buy for professional hair dressers and barbers.
3. Oster Model 10 Classic Professional Barber Salon Pro Hair Grooming Clipper
This model can be bought by all kinds of individuals as it is quite affordable and can be used for long periods of time. It should be categorized as one of the best buys for small beauty salons and home professionals. The feature of no heating condition makes this clipper unique among others.
- Can be called as workhorse for working endlessly and effortlessly all day. Ideal for cutters who want a trimmer to be able to work long hours.
- Known for its durability, this clipper can cut through any kind of hair.
- With break resistant housing, it’s perfect for salons.
- The motor makes no noise and single handedly powers the equipment.
- Comes with a blade guard, cleaning brush, lubricating oil and clipper grease.
- Additional features include a 9 meter long cord and replaceable blades
4. Andis 01557 Professional Master Adjustable Blade Hair Clipper
There is no doubt that this product is one of the best professional hair clippers available in the market. The design and construction of this model make it very appealing for installations inside high rated salons.
- Light weight and durable
- Portability allows the hair dressers to carry it to client houses as well
- Perfect trimmer for all round cutting
- Adjustable blades and convenient on/off button
- It is quite dependable due to its feature of being unbreakable and aluminium covering.
- In addition to adjustable blades, it has powerful motors capable of 14000 strokes/min
5. New MOSER 1584 Li+Pro Mini Professional Cordless Hair Trimmer
- Comfortable operation upto 75 mins continuously.
- Easy removable blades allow carving and other designing.
- Super light and noise free
- Comes with dual voltage system
- Cord/Cordless options also available
Top 5 best cordless hair clippers
Find below the detail review and features of each of the above mentioned cordless hair clipper.
1. Andis 74000 Professional Cordless T-Outliner Beard/Hair Trimmer
This T-outliner gives the classic performance as expected. When nominating for the best hair clipper for fades, this product definitely has to be listed on top.
- Delivers 100 min run time and takes just 1 hour to charge.
- Equipped with a rotary motor with blade speeds over 7,200 SP which feature constant speed technology and is extremely powerful
- Precise and sharp carbon-steel T-Blade for lining, designing and dry-shaving Cord
- Rotary Motor 100-240V | 50-60Hz
2. Panasonic Cordless Men’s Beard Trimmer With Precision Dial
This upgraded version of hair trimmer has latest technology of hypoallergenic blades to cut sharply and cleanly for stylish and efficient beard, mustache and hair trimming.
- The super sharp and stainless steel blades are installed in a 45 degree manner for a better finish.
- This trimmer has 19 settings for trimming precision, thus adjustable.
- Easy to maintain and comes with a solid rubber grip for comfortable use.
- 50 mins of operation time with a quick charge battery
3. WONER Hair Clippers, Cordless Rechargeable Hair trimmer for Families
This unique 13-piece hair clipper set is a suitable buy for those who are looking for a complete grooming kit at affordable rates. Have a quick look at its features:
- Dual blade feature- ceramic and titanium- gives a smooth cut
- Ultra quiet design, is also suitable for children
- Allows for multiple cutting lengths
- Comes with the corded function as well
- Additional feature include a travel pouch, charger adapter, oil, cleaning brush, guide combs.
- Comes with a 12 month warranty
4. Wahl Professional 5-Star Cordless Magic Clip Metal Edition
From the inventory of Wahl Professional’s commercial grade of products, we have the 5-Star Limited Edition Magic Clip which is intended for use by professionals and promises to deliver the sharp performance demanded by the experts with the freedom of a cordless clipper.
- Packed with 2161 blades, they offer a very fast operation and ease of use
- 90 mins run time with taper level for easy fading.
- Accessories for your convenience come in this pack – clipper, Cutting Guides with Metal Clip, oil, cleaning brush, and a recharging transformer.
- Warranty assured
5. Oster Professional 76550-100 Octane Cordless Clipper
The last one on the list is probably the best one. This company is renowned in the trimming industries and this model is one of the preferred cordless trimmers amongst all. Oster has done a great job while at it.
- Rotary motor installed for a noise free function
- Detachable blades for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Charged with lithium ion batteries and has a dual station charger
Top 5 best multi purpose hair clippers for men
Let us explore the features of all above mentioned multi purpose hair clippers.
1. Wahl 9916-4301 Beard and Mustache Trimmer
Wahl’s product never disappoints. They are, and will continue to be remarkable sellers in the market. Every product has a unique design and comes with some of the best features.
- Multiple hair length settings and a powerful motor.
- Some of the other benefits. Definitely, a must buy for professionals. A complete package of high quality trimming and personal grooming tools, for every kind of hair and beard.
- These High performance Trimmers are available in different styles. Be it, Lithium Ion cordless & rechargeable clippers or heavy-duty corded models.
- Long cords, hard case cover for protection are also there.
2. Hangsun Hair Beard Trimmer Hair Clipper
Its features like multi functional blades, easy hair length control and compact design make it stand out on the buyers’ list.
- 2 stainless steel blades in the shape of U and T for styling and easy shaving around the chin and neckline
- Adjustable hair length to 3, 6,9,12 mm to give you a personalized look.
- Anti-scratch blade and ergonomic design makes it easier to carry it while travelling.
- 1 year warranty and 30 day return policy
3. Braun Electric Razor for Men, Series 3
This is a 3 in 1 tool to shave, trim and edge.
- accurate shaping using an exchangeable trimmer head
- Charging time of 1 hour and 45 mins.
- Shaving needs less than 10 mins
- Wet & Dry shaver for use with water, foam or gel.
- Micro Comb technology and Automatic voltage adaptation are its unique features.
4. Cliselda Men Electric Hair Clippers Razor Cordless Beard Trimmer Grooming kit
Electric hair clippers by Cliselda comes with 5 adjustable blade position settings (0.8 mm, 1.1mm, 1.4 mm, 1.7mm, 2.0 mm) and 6 guide combs for precise cut & trim & shave (3mm/ 6mm/ 9mm/12mm/ left ear/ right ear)
- Titanium blade combined with ceramic movable one for long lasting experience
- 180 mins charging time and digital battery display
- Rinse-able and reusable blades for easy maintenance
- Package includes one hair clipper, one Charging base, six guide combs, one USB cord, and one cleaning brush
5. KEMEI 5-Star Rechargeable Hair Trimmer
Professional waterproof design equipped with taper control and can be used by barbers as well as by individuals at home.
- Weighs less and has a long cord.
- Titanium blade technology allows for a good trimming and a satisfactory shave
- Allows for a wide variety of cutting lengths with included guide combs
- Package includes clipper, attachment combs, cleaning brush, blade guard and a charger.
Buyer Guide: Factors to be considered to select the Best Hair Clipper
Choosing from the above list of hair clippers can be tedious. They all have unique features and are the best of the lot. An exercise of great diligence is needed to be able to choose the most appropriate clipper for you. This can only be achieved by putting forward some common factors to look out for while buying a hair clipper.
1. Standards of quality
You would want to buy a trimmer which is long-lasting and rust-free. Look for stainless steel blades and a good grip for avoiding slipping hazards.
2. Multiple length options
Most of the hair clippers come with an option of adjustable combs that allow for various trimmer lengths. Options are important when it comes down to styling. A bonus would be an option of the precision trimmer as well.
3. Easy to use
A beard trimmer which is easy to maintain, washable, has a lot of setting options with a user manual is what is desired by most of the customers. Look for all these features in a trimmer before buying one.
This feature is the most desired for after affordability. Electronic devices can go off anytime and can be a bummer. A 6-12 month warranty makes the buy worthwhile.
Motor and the blades have certain requirements to fulfill. The motor should be noise-free and powerful for long operations. Blades should be sharp for a smooth finish.
6. Wet and dry trimming
This feature makes the device shock-free. The option of trimming before or after a shower shouldn’t be compromised. Look for a trimmer that can accommodate both.
Trimmers’ price range is very varied. More the features, higher is the price. A trimmer kit in that case which comes with multiple blades, additional things and combs is affordable. You can even buy a trimmer which can be used for multipurpose.
What you finished reading was overall know-how of buying the perfect trimmer, suitable for your needs. Go ahead and make use of the information. Buying a clipper is same as buying any other electrical appliance. Quality should be given utmost priority.