The curling Iron – It is probably the first hot equipment we came across as kids when we watched our grand moms and moms in awe putting the hot tool to action and looking like style queens after a few minutes of use.
Many of us thought that we will get to look like those actresses in Hair commercials if we use that tool on our hair. But the first time we did it, we got – Limp burnt curls, Burns on our neck and hand, fried up wires and a lot of other trivial things.
Curling your hair is not everybody’s cup of tea. So what do we do? Make expensive salon visits every time we want our hair to look bouncy? NO.
What you can do is – Invest in a good Curling Iron. Now, you can’t just randomly pick a curling iron and expect flawless springy curls to pop out of your hair. Even after a lot of attempts at curling, people tend to end up with their hair falling flat after half an hour.
What might be a good pick for wavy hair, might not work on sleek straight hair. Every hair type needs a different curling Iron. There are other challenges involved too. Let’s look into the basics first.
What is a curling Iron?
Curling Iron is a simple too yet very complicated. You can’t curl your hair without this magical tool. Stylists always use it to create all kinds of curls and waves. Defining it is easy: A hot styling equipment to create long lasting curls to make you look gorgeous whenever you want to.
This superhero will never disappoint you. It can curl any type of hair, anytime and anywhere.
How to use a curling Iron?
This device bends hair using heat. It has a heating unit that is responsible for the curls, and gives hair a different look. The main heating device is the barrel. The other parts include cord, temperature setting, on/off button, clamp, spring, tip, and a handle.
In a curling iron, temperature is quite important. Setting it to right levels will ensure perfect and smooth curls. While the clamp holds the hair in place while curling.
The thing which differs the curling irons from each other is the barrel material. Regular and conical ones are mostly used.
Use of hand gloves is required to save yourself from burning your hands. Divide your hair in parts and curl them one by one. Take at least 30 seconds to curl every part to get great results. Set them hair spray later.
Top 15 Best Curling Iron Products
1. INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Nano Tourmaline Ceramic Curling Iron
This product is absolutely mind-blowing giving silky shiny curls throughout your curling journey. It works well even in humidity and the hair perfectly glides over the iron without any pull or snag. With evenly distributed heat, It refreshes hair on non-shampoo days. It helps in giving the hair required volume and you can create small curls also. For a defined curly look, this product is it.
- Tournamaline Ceramic provides even heat distribution.
- 5 heat setting upto 400 degrees with LED
- Heat shield for protection
- Auto off setting after 30 seconds
- Reduces frizz
2. HOT TOOLS Professional 24k Gold Extra-Long Barrel Curling Iron/Wand
This is your one way ticket to gorgeousness. With a styling surface that’s unique, it evenly distributes heat being a good heat conductor, for best results. There is a heat resistant mat as a bonus. Includes Foldaway stand for easier operations. The smart technology of this iron immediately restores the temperature settings as soon as it notices a drop in temperature. The iron heat up quickly and stay hot for a long time. It works well for all types of hair.
- Temperature setting upto 430 degrees
- Pulse technology
- Touch handle is soft
- Foldaway stand for safety
- Rotating cool tip
3. Conair Instant Heat Curling Iron, 3/4-inch Curling Iron
This curling iron is most suitable for salon-like curling experience. The multi-layer barrel technology helps in distribution of heat evenly on hair. With more than 15 different types of temperature settings, this fast heating curling iron turns automatically off after one minute of non-use. Its grip design is patented and specially designed for better hold and precise results. With a two year old warranty – you don’t have to worry about losing it in coming months.
- For tight curls or touch up natural curls
- 25 heat settings
- No slip grip design
- Dual voltage feature for international uses
- Instant heat turbo feature for faster heating
4. L’ANGE Hair Le Perle Bubble Curling Wand
Shaped like a wand, it actually works like one. Bubble sis all you need to get those trendy looking beach waves. This unique hot styling tool creates beautiful intricate curls or waves which last for days. You can wrap your hair inside the bubbles to get tight curls, outside the bubbles to get loose curls and both for a better look. The titanium barrel makes it easier for it to heat up.
- Reduced styling time because of titanium
- Corrosion resistant
- The wand heats to 410 degrees for ideal curling
- Led indicated on/off switch
- Comfortable gripping handle
- Multiple looks
5. CHI Spin N Curl in Onyx Black
Tgis automatic curler saves time and energy both. Just push a button and get perfectly flawless curled hair in no time. It takes in the hair on its own and beeps when the curls are ready. Push the button and voila! The digital temperature display allows various setting temperatures. It allows us to preset temperature for any type of hair thus making the whole process damage free. Get this effortless hair curler for an amazing curling experience!
- Ceramic heat technology
- Digital Temperature display
- Automatic curler
- For all types of hair
- Different heat settings
- Easy to maintain
6. Paul Mitchell Pro Tools Express Ion Unclipped 3-in-1 Curling Iron
This one has three interchangeable barrels which makes it ideal for salon-use by hairstylists. You can either create loose waves, natural curls or ringlets. This 3 in 1 device provides a lot of styling options. The clamp free design is to die for. It also quickly heats up to 410 degrees.
- Ideal temperature setting
- Digital display
- 3 in 1 features for different kinds of styling
- Fast heating
7. Remington CI9538 Pro 1″-1.5″ Pearl Ceramic Conical Curling Wand
Featuring professional pearl ceramic for faster results and less damage, this curling iron frizz free and consistent heating for styling. Digital display and 10 different heat settings allow setting right temperature for your hair. Heat protective glove is included to save you from burns.
- LCD temp display
- Auto shut off
- Temperature locking system
- 1-1.5 inch barrel size for tighter curls
- Cord is swivel
- Conical barrel
- Pearl ceramic coating
8. 2 IN 1 MASTER IRON PRO-THE 2 GENERATION
This hair straightener plus curler is especially designed to give you a salon-like look in 10 minutes. It leaves your hair shinier and smoother, giving you bouncy little curls. Advanced ceramic technology makes it ideal for hotel, household and professional use. The design of this Curler is highly appreciated. It can comb, curl, straighten all at once because of it wavy barrel.
- Glaze coating of ceramic for even heating
- Spiral heating barrel
- Tooth comb and twisted design
- Set at a constant temperature
- LCD display of settings to avoid high temperature.
9. Bed Head Makin’ Waves “S” Waver Creates Loose Waves
Say Bye to Bye to limp curls and say hello to beach curls. The intricate S shaped design gives you perfect beaching waves for that pool party. The new tourmaline technology helps reduce frizz and gives massive shine to hair. Transform your look with this curler with fast heating and different temperature settings.
- Plate locking system for easy storage
- High heat upto 400 degrees.
- Multiple heat settings
- Easy to carry
10. Revlon Perfect Heat Ceramic Curling Iron
With Revlon’s styling equipment’ range, this curler with new and improved design is dreams come true for all the ladies who want curls to last forever. Whether you need big party curls, or small curls or beach waves, it can give you whatever you desire for! Their triple coating design is optimal for even heating and ceramic takes control of heat damage if any.
- Frizz free
- Triple layer ceramic coating
- Heat settings
- Integrated heat stand
- Heat dial with resistance
11. Gold ‘N Hot Professional Spring-Grip Curling Iron, 1 Inch
Girls, curls rule the world. Whether you are in dire need of natural curls or other style curls, this curler is gonna come handy every time. It is a superior heat conductor which provides fast and even distribution of heat across the hair. The temperature is adjustable and allows you to reach quick temperatures fast. This styling classic allows you to have 7 barrel sizes. One year warranty comes along as well.
- 24K gold barrel
- 60 seconds heating time
- 8 inch swivel cord
- Even heating
- Temperature setting upto 500 degrees
12. Marquee Beauty Professional Salon 8 Piece Flat and Curling Iron Set
This 8 piece fighting kit helps you keep frizz at bay and helps bringing back the volume. The ceramic plates attached prevent your hair from breaking while you are styling it. The barrels can be interchanged in accordance with the kind of curls you need. A thermal glove keeps you safe from burns and 360 degree angle cord makes styling swifter.
- Temperature control settings
- 3 kinds of barrels
- Heats up within seconds
- No hot spots
- Ceramic heating
- Ergonomic design
- Soft grip
13. Kentucky Maid Classic Four Pack Set of Marcel Curling Irons for Ultra Smooth Curling
The highest quality curling marcel in the whole lot, this iron has unique styling ways. Suitable for all hair types, it’s perfect for getting the right kind of curls. The heat retention is great and the performance is incredible. It comes in different sizes.
- Constant heating
- Different sizes of curls
- All hair types
- Set of four
- Perfect heat retention
14. Formawell Beauty x Kendall Jenner One Inch 24K Gold Pro Hair Curler
Getting frizz free and bouncy curls is now possible with Formawell beauty Kendall Jenner 24K gold Pro Hair curler. Looking precious is part of super modeling and that’s the reason why even Kendall Jenner is a fan of this curler. With its Ionic gold fusion technology, it is a must buy for getting long lasting curls.
- Lustrous curls
- Quick styling
- Smooth barrel designs
- Uses far infrared technology
- Less maintenance
- Digital display
- Auto shut option
- Dual voltage option
15. PM Pro Tools Express Ion Curl+ XL
As the name suggests, create voluminous natural looking waves with the goodness of ion technology with PM Pro tools Express Ion Curl. The quick heating barrel provides faster results and smoother curls with better finish. The express ion ensures healthy hair.
- Heats upto 410 F
- Fast heating time
- 5 second recovery time
- Extra large ceramic barrel
- Express ion technology
Buyer Guide to select the best Curling Iron
You need to consider a lot of facts before deciding on a curler. A curler can accommodate various sizes and features. Now that there are so many factors to consider, buying the right curling iron can be confusing. Factors like heat settings and curl types matters.
- Temperature setting option: An ideal hair curler would certainly have this setting. For the curl, to be perfect, right temperatures are very important. They are very diverse when it comes to temperature settings. The user should be aware of the kind of settings they desire for. If the settings are right, your curls would no doubt in best of shape.
- Size of curl: You can make out the size of curl an iron is capable of giving you, by looking at their barrel size. Go for smaller ones if you have thin hair and go for bigger ones if you have thicker hair. Each curler is different so choose carefully.
- Type of curl: Again, size of the barrel plays an important role here. Strong and big barrels give you tough curls whereas small ones give you tiny and soft curls.
- Material: curling irons are made up of various metals. They are mostly ceramic, but also come in brush styles and metals. Each of them differs in their functions. Ceramic ones are said to provide moisture to the hair, so are most ideal for women with damaged hair. Others dry out the hair. Brush styles are for thin hair and metal ones too.
So you see there are so many things to take into account before you buy your ultimate curling iron to get the best results. People always choose curls over straight, be it cinema wards, walking down the aisle or going to a party. Okay, maybe not always. Always look for one which goes the most with your hairstyle and doesn’t damage your hair.