Argan oil and Jojoba oil are promoted as high-quality oils for the hair. More than that, they are also promoted as good skincare oils. There is no doubt that these are superior quality oil products, and they are in high demand across the globe.
Argan Oil for Hair : Advantages and Disadvantages
Argan oil is an extract from argan tree kernel, widely grown in Morocco. This is exclusive from that region. The fruit is round and small. Argan nut is in the middle of the pulp and from the nut the oil is extracted.
Before it is extracted, you first have to dry the fruit to make it easy to remove the nut. You can hand crack the nuts to extract the insides of the kernel. These kernels are pressed and this is where the oil is extracted.
Top 5 Popular Argan Oil Brands for Hair
Advantages of argan oil
- Keeps the hair shiny : Argan oil keeps the hair shiny for days. It contains concentrated oil that penetrates deep into the hair. Furthermore, it keeps your hair soft. It restores brittle and damaged hair. To achieve the best result, you can apply this daily or a few days weekly.
- Moisturizing properties : When you apply this product topically, you produce cells through the Vitamin E agent. Because of that, it is easy to take good care of your hair. Manufacturers use it to produce hair care oils.
- It has a lot of healing benefits : This is because of content like fatty acid. It repairs the cell membrane, repels toxins out of the body, and boost your body nutrition.
- The product is also able to regulate your heartbeat rate as well as smoothen muscle contraction and boost your immune function and tackle blood pressure. All these are possible because it is naturally anti-inflammatory.
- Furthermore, because it contains carotenoids, it can protect your eyes and skin from the dangerous ultraviolet radiation and free radicals from damaging and hair.
Disadvantages of Argan Oil
- The oil can cause severe allergy where it is not properly used.
- It does not deal with pre-existing conditions but it can prevent aging signs. For instance, it can remove wrinkles and those preexisting wrinkles.
Jojoba Oil for Hair : Advantages and Disadvantages
Jojoba oil is a product of the Jojoba plant. This is a shrub from Arizona in California. It is also grown in some parts of northwestern Mexico. The oil is extracted from the Jojoba seed.
Top 5 Popular Jojoba Oil Brands for Hair
Advantages of Jojoba Oil
- It retains moisture : If you apply this to your hair, it will help the hair retains its moisture. This can also prevent bacteria build-up from the skin, as well as your hair.
- Keeps the hair healthy : Jojoba oil makes the hair healthy and prevents hair breakage. It strengthens your hair locks. Most importantly, it can treat hair problems like scalp, and dandruff. It promotes shiny, strong, and silky hair.
- It also makes the hair soft and shiny when you apply it. In the same way, it makes the lips soft. This is because of the essential oil content such as Vitamins E, B as well as essential minerals.
- Furthermore, it can serve as a natural sunscreen when you apply it to the hair and the body.
Disadvantages of Jojoba Oil
- It can cause an allergic reaction after using it. Because of that, you must be very careful in the way you apply it.
- If you experience itching, rash, and redness in your skin, then you can stop using it.
- It can lead to a condition known as anaphylaxis and this is a rare condition.
Argan Oil Vs Jojoba Oil for Hair
1. Hair loss prevention : Argan Oil Vs Jojoba Oil
Hair loss is one of the problems confronting the hair, and you can apply any of these two products to deal with the problem.
Both oils are good when it comes to hair loss prevention. Argan oil is an effective hair moisturizer, and prevents hair from itching, scalp and preventing dryness and this also prevents hair loss. Apart from that, it can repair damaged hair, and make it thick and healthy again.
Jojoba oil on the other hand can nourish the hair follicles, as well as the scalp. However, there will be a problem when the hair gland produces too much sebum, and this clogs the follicles making hair growth difficult.
2. Deep hair conditioning : Argan Oil Vs Jojoba Oil
The two products can be compared to deep hair conditioning. Argan oil contains sufficient quantities of squalene a great non-greasy hair conditioning agent. Argan oil can be helpful, it can serve as a leave-in conditioner for the hair.
When you apply it to the hair, it makes it shiny and soft. It will not leave any greasy traces. This is because it is completely absorbed into the hair. In the process, it is going to present important nutrients as well as fatty acids to the hair follicles.
Jojoba oil on the other hand is lightweight and that means that it can absorb easily into the hair. It makes the hair hydrated.
Furthermore, it makes the hair elastic because it is rich in Vitamin E. Besides, it adds shines to the hair. These two products are great when it comes to hair conditioning.
3. Hair frizz controller : Argan Oil Vs Jojoba Oil
Argan oil is rich in Vitamin E, as well as ferulic acid. It also contains fatty acids that nourish the hair and moisturize it as well. The net effect is that it can tame any frizzy hair and make it look natural. When you apply it, your hair would be more manageable.
In the same way, jojoba oil contains vital nutrients that can serve as moisturizers and nourishers. These make the hair manageable. Both are good when it comes to managing the hair frizzy problem.
4. Dandruff control : Argan Oil Vs Jojoba Oil
Argan oil is a good hair moisturizer and scalp preventing oil. When you apply it, the oil gets deep and offer nourishment and treat dandruff in the process.
Jojoba oils resemble sebum which is produced by the sebaceous glands. It can be useful in the prevention of scalp and it penetrates the follicles removing dirt in the process. It can serve as a good dandruff controller.
Can I mix jojoba oil with argan oil?
You can mix argan oil with jojoba oil. These products are good for the hair and when you combine their good attributes by mixing them, you get a better result.
Mixing them will amount to the introduction of a good list of properties. They work together by softening the hair and solves most of the hair challenges.
Which is better jojoba or argan oil for hair?
Both hair oils are good. These are essential oil and they promote, moisten, and fasten hair growth in different ways. They also prevent hair frizz and promote hair conditioning.
While these two are great for the hair, some people prefer jojoba oil because it mimics the natural oil produced by the hair glands. On the other hand, argan oils are known to be highly anti-oxidants which makes the hair softer.
Argan oil vs Jojoba oil for natural hair: Which is better for natural hair?
These two oils are great for natural hair. Because of that they can facilitate hair growth, moisturize the hair, and prevent hair scalp, but jojoba has an edge because its oil resembles those produced by the natural hair.
Where such oil is lacking in the hair, jojoba helps by producing such an oil making it better for the hair. However, there could be a problem when such is overproduced above the required quantity, it can cause the problem to the hair.
Argan oil is conventional and it nourishes and makes the hair greasy and shiny. Its oil does not mimic the natural hair oil.
In the race between the argan oil versus jojoba oil for hair, both are good hair oils. They have almost similar properties and have enormous benefits for the hair.
Argan oil stands out because of the healing, nourishing, protective properties. However, jojoba wins in the race because it is the safest to use and the oil resembles the natural hair oil. They are good for all hair types.