Is Renpure a Good Brand? Are Renpure Products Good for Your Hair?
Since its introduction in 2008, Renpure’s focus is to provide chemical-free hair products that are free from the below-listed seven main harmful ingredients commonly used in hair products:
- Propylene glycol
Is Renpure a Good Brand for Hair?
Renpure is a hair care brand that uses 100% naturally sourced ingredients without compromising on the quality of its products. Its core business is replacing chemical-based hair product ingredients that are health risks and causes hair damage with plant-based ingredients that work just as well, if not better.
Renpure products range is not only safe but also affordable and effective in promoting hair and scalp health.
Its range of products includes:
All the products are in line with Renpure’s iconic seven goals:
- To cleanse the hair and scalp
- To add volume and thicken
- To restore damaged hair
- To hydrate
- To smoothen hair
- To strengthen hair
- To maintain the curls and waves
Is Renpure Chemical Free?
Renpure hair products do not have chemicals or harmful ingredients that could harm your hair. The products contain 100% plant-based ingredients with zero chemicals.
Some of the natural ingredients in Renpure products are:
- Palm oil, which maintains collagen on the scalp. Collagen forms part of the protein structure of hair, giving the hair strength and stability.
- Coconut oil contains essential fatty acids that nourish the scalp and provide the hair with optimum moisturization. Due to its small lipid molecules, coconut oil has one of the highest penetration powers penetrating the hair strand more deeply than other moisturizing oils.
- Fruit acid is the source of citric acid. Citric acid balances the PH of hair and improves its manageability and appearance. Healthy hair PH is between 4.5-5.5. Its function is to:
- Form a protective barrier on the scalp that keeps away bacterial, fungal, and parasitic infections.
- Keep the hair cuticle sealed and give the hair a smooth, shiny appearance.
- Maintain the strength and elasticity of the hair preventing hair breakage.
- Protects the hair from loss of moisture.
- Rapeseed oil nourishes dry, brittle hair with its high moisturizing properties from unsaturated fatty acids. It is also a light oil whose molecules easily penetrate the hair shaft and the scalp.
- Guar bean extract act as a conditioner. Its high moisturizing properties seal the moisture and soften the hair leaving it lustrous and silky.
- Cocoa contains antioxidants that penetrate the hair strand stimulating growth and maintaining a healthy scalp.
- Renpure’s policy is to use synthetic-free fragrances and colors. It uses pure essential oils that promote healthy hair growth, soothes the scalp, and add shine and moisture to your hair. Renpure’s fragrances are certified by IFRA, a governing body that champions the use of safe fragrances based on consumer insights and scientific evidence.
Is Renpure Good? Are Renpure Products Safe?
Renpure is a safe brand. The safety of the Renpure brand cuts across many aspects. We will discuss some of the most important safety aspects for your hair and scalp.
Safe For Color and Chemically Treated Hair
Renpure products are free from harsh chemicals and detergents that cause color-treated hair to fade. Ingredients such as sulfates quickly remove hair color molecules and cause the color to wash out. Renpure’s sulfate-free range of products is gentle on color-treated hair and helps retain color even after washing.
Renpure advises that you take a patch test before using the products on color-treated hair to establish how the product reacts with your hair. The reason behind this is that; for a hair product such as a shampoo to protect your hair color from washing out, several factors that may not be similar in all colored hair are in play.
These factors are:
- Type of hair
- How fresh the color is
- Quality of the hair color
- Type of hair color- permanent or semi-permanent
- The health of your hair
- Hair texture.
Safe for Kids
Renpure brand is safe for kids. It uses all-natural ingredients that are friendly to children’s hair. The gentle formulas like mild detergents used in the shampoos do not sting eyes and make the products ideal for kids.
Safe for Damaged Hair Also
Renpure brand contains ingredients that deeply replenish damaged hair, impacting it with moisture, strength, and the nutrients it needs to recover from damage.
You know you have damaged hair when you have the following signs:
- Dull, lifeless hair that has no luster.
- Dry, brittle hair that breaks off easily.
- Hair easily tangles from split ends and becomes unmanageable.
- Excessive hair breakage.
- Excessive frizz and flyaway.
Safe for Natural Hair Also
Renpure brand is safe for virgin hair – hair that is not chemically processed, or color treated. Its chemical-free products work to maintain the natural hair pattern without causing damage or distortion.
It is safe for all natural hair types including:
- And tightly curled
Renpure Shampoo Reviews
Renpure shampoo has got myriad positive reviews. Most regular users attest to having had good experiences after using the shampoo. Here are the ten most mentioned positive attributes of shampoo.
- The shampoo has a great smell with scents that do not trigger allergies.
- Adds volume to the hair in just one wash.
- The hair shows new growth and increased thickness over four months of regular usage.
- Hair always feels good and looks healthy after using the shampoo.
- Hair has a better texture.
- Hair becomes thicker and longer.
- Hair becomes softer, cleaner, and shinier.
- The shampoo lathers well. You only use a little to go a long way.
- It deeply cleanses and removes hair oils and dirt quickly and easily.
- It’s chemical-free, safe, and kids friendly.
My Thoughts as A Trichologist In Renpure:
We maintain our hair through the products we use on it. Different hair products applied on the scalp and hair work in several ways:
- Work on the hair cuticles to smoothen the hair, keep away split ends and maintain luster
- Penetrate the hair shaft into the cortex and provide strength and moisturization while impacting nourishment into the hair strands
- Get absorbed through the scalp and nourish the scalp providing a conducive environment for the hair to thrive.
- Eliminate dirt and debris from the hair while maintaining optimum PH and keeping the natural oils intact
Natural-based products free from chemicals like Renpure provide the hair with these components and protect it from damage and loss caused by harsh chemicals and elements.
Parabens are known to increase the risk of allergic reactions and skin irritations. Parabens are associated with altering hormone balance and increased risk of cancer. Sulfates strip away the hair’s natural oils, distorting the scalp’s PH and increasing the chances of hair damage.
Phthalates and other synthetic fragrances cause scalp irritation and may disrupt the normal hair growth cycle leading to hair loss. Formaldehyde, a known carcinogen, may cause scalp irritation and other systemic effects like eye irritation and contact dermatitis.
Just like in your body, harmful ingredients used in hair products will do more harm than good. Chemicals may jeopardize the health of your hair. Having a natural-based alternative help eliminate the risk of hair damage from chemical-based ingredients and other health risks.